Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ta-da!

Wish I had my camera with me. But it's already packed, waiting to board our flight to Colorado.

Today at Elijah's physical therapy appointment (which I accidentally showed up 30 minutes early for due to forgetting they changed my appointment time back to its original time) my little guy rolled to the left, not one, not two, but FIVE times in a row. This is a major accomplishment and really illustrates that the muscles on his left side are getting stronger. Ms. Jenny had me get on his left side and talk to him, and I guess I was enough motivation to do it! We thought it might have been a fluke but then he repeated, repeated, repeated, and repeated again. Way cool. These busy Tuesday mornings are producing some rewards.

Afterwards, I stopped at WalMart. I realized this morning that this is the first time I have been in our WalMart here in Fort Walton Beach, ummm . . . ever. Sorry to admit it folks, but even though it may be a little cheaper, I just really, usually, don't like this store and will often drive farther to reach Target. Of course in Minnesota, my drive to Target was only ten minutes and was to a Super Target. The drive for me to Target is thirty minutes and there's no Super here!

But now that I have two babies, I was looking for a way to get milk and a few new toys that were easy to pack to take on our trip at one stop. I didn't want to have to stop at a grocery store, get out, get in, and then stop at a toy store and do the same. So I did the WalMart thing and actually halfway enjoyed myself. This is a really nice WalMart, and I think, I might, possibly, even go back sometime.

I can't remember the last time I had ventured down a toy aisle at a store. I spent five years avoiding anything having to do with children. I especially have never gone down the toy aisle with Isaac. We have so many toys that have been given to us as gifts and as hand-me-downs from our cousins Grace and Nate that even his arrival did not provide the need. But I was on a mission to get some match-box cars and bubbles for Isaac: two toys he has never played with that would be easy to pack and hopefully pass a lot of time at the condo in Colorado.

If you have met Isaac in person, you know that he is often quiet when not in our house. In our house he runs around, yelling and talking. But when we are out, he often just sits back and observes, making slow movements, and waiting until he feels very comfortable before moving forward in the situation. However, when I turned down the aisle with boy toys, Isaac actually said out loud, "Oooooohhh . . ." It was pretty cute. He was incredibly impressed with the matchbox cars we picked out and waved them in the air as we headed to the checkout lane.

Okay. What am I doing on the computer? Both boys are down for a nap at the same time. Time to get a lot done for our trip. Or take a nap? Hmmmm . . .

2 comments:

Joia said...

Bubbles are also a lot of fun in the van! Turn on the air vents at the front, hold up the bubble wand in front of it, and ta da! Bubbles blow back at Isaac!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Elijah! I'm so proud of you! xo Aunt Linda