Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God is cool!

About two hours after I wrote my post on worry, both boys went down for a nap, and I went to do my devotions.

I opened up my Jesus Calling book and read, written from our Lord's perspective:

Do Not Worry About Tomorrow! This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is only for one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.

Matthew 6:34; 2 Corinthians 12:9

How cool is God?! The exact day I write this exact post, I find this devotional written by the author for July 15th. I haven't been doing my devotions every day either. I happened to write that post today. I happened to do my devotions today. And there was God telling me, along with all of you, to chill out!

Thanks for all the great advice and encouragement everyone. It is always so helpful to know that we aren't alone in this world and that we can be real with what we are struggling with.

It is especially helpful during the past two day spread. I've been running my house nearly completely solo. During these times of fatigue, it can be especially hard to "let go and let God." But I have been.

Right now it is 8:38 p.m. I am currently waiting for my husband to get home. He hasn't been around much in the last two days. He had a gal come into the hospital yesterday afternoon to deliver her baby. While he did manage a few hours home with us last night, he still hasn't stumbled into the door this evening. Bummer. He did sleep at home some last night though. I would roll over and he'd be there. I'd roll over again and he'd be gone. Back and forth to the hospital to check on his patient. Makes it nice that we only live 1.7 miles from the hospital.

One less thing to worry about!

5 comments:

Joia said...

Way cool! I love when God does this! Be encouraged, friend! You're doing a great job, and you've got a great God on board to help!

The Mac's House said...

mine slept at the office, deadlines and someone had to get it done. too bad he doesn't get paid overtime for all the hours that he works but unfortunately you do whatever it takes to get the job done, the only thing the military drilled into his head. Although he thought that leaving the military after 21 years would afford him some luxury of not having to work day/night but alas it is what it is. Glad to hear that JB was able to get home for a bit.

Really cool that the devotional was right on target for what you were praying for.

rachel said...

Wendi - this is awesome! Such an important reminder for all of us to read. Thanks for posting that!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

AWESOME! I love how God works! I like how that books reminds us that our frame was not designed to handle worries of the future but only one day at a time! Thanks for sharing as I needed this reminder also! :)

Love you

Jess said...

I'm reading Jesus Calling right now too!! I, too, loved this passage and thought it was "speaking to me."

I thought that the way that devotional was written was kind of yankee at first but now I love it.