Saturday, July 18, 2009

No Isaac! No Scrubs!

Well I have figured out what it is that is giving Scrubs "the runs" in the middle of the night. It's all the snacks he is getting from Isaac. I cut him off for two days in a row, keeping him out of the kitchen every time Isaac ate. Both those evenings, I didn't hear any bell ringing in the middle of the night indicating a desperate Scrubs.

However, even though I know the source of the problem, stopping Scrubs from eating Isaac's food is easier said than done. For one thing, I recently discovered that not only is Scrubs getting the scraps, but Isaac is feeding Scrubs. Scrubs is tentative. He knows he will get in trouble if he takes anything from Isaac. So he waits until Isaac shoves it into his mouth. Then, he accepts willingly.

In addition, Scrubs is my vacuum cleaner. Sweeping the seat and floor of the high chair after every use is a pain. I rely on Scrubs to clean it all up for me. Ugh. I have to sweep immediately as Isaac will get out of his high chair, pick up the scraps, and give them to Scrubs since I have taught him that things on the floor are for the dog not for him. Not sure how I can keep Scrubs' stomach in good shape while not making more work for myself at the same time. Stay tuned . . .

Contemplating sharing his food with Scrubs . . .

. . . and caught in the act.

Does that look like a guilty face or what?
And then he tries to blame Scrubs for the whole encounter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, joy! How about giving Isaac a little container so he can feed Scrubs dog treats at certain times-since people food is giving his buddy tummy-trouble? Looks like from the pictures Scrubs might be lactose intolerant:)
Good luck getting between boy and his dog:)
grandma k

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

LOVE THESE pics! TOO FUNNY! Poor Scrubs!

Anonymous said...

haha these are so funny i love them!
Bri

The Mac's House said...

the progression of these photos are hysterical. I'm with Bri, they are so funny.....

TAV said...

isaac looks soooo guilty :)