Monday, July 06, 2009

A little shuffling

Keith and AD shuffled on out of here yesterday morning, returning home to Boca Raton yesterday evening. We had a fantastic visit, and it is always great to spend time with my only brother and his better half! It was great to meet Charleigh as well. She's so easy to carry after lugging around my hefty Elijah.

JB spent yesterday in the hospital on call. He is on his way home now. He sent me an email and said that he got about three hours of sleep overnight. Not too bad. Hopefully he can get about three or four more as soon as he gets home so that he is pretty rested when his brother Matt and his wife Danielle arrive around lunchtime.

I spent the day yesterday getting ready for a new set of guests, and, of course, watching Wimbledon. I'm still trying to recover from Roddick's defeat. What a bummer. If you missed the match, you missed a great one. I really thought Roddick could upset Federer. Bummer. Someone said it was the type of match you hated to see anyone lose. I disagree. I would have been perfectly happy watching Federer lose. I got to watch most of the match uninterupted as both boys decided to take a three hour nap at exactly the same time. What are the chances of that?!

We also went up to the hospital and visited with JB for about an hour and then came home and tried to stay cool when the power went out for about 90 minutes. Thank goodness it didn't stay that way. The only thing worse than not having air conditioning in this weather is not having fans either. Yuck!

We are hoping that we might be able to take Matt and Danielle out on a boat this afternoon. We didn't want to reserve one as we had no idea how much sleep JB would get. With him getting three hours, I think he can handle it. So we thought we'd just call after lunch (and a nap for JB) and see if one has been returned for the day a bit early. Maybe we'll get lucky. If not, we'll probably take them into Destin for a nice dinner and walk on the beach.

Can't believe we leave for Colorado in just over two weeks! What a crazy month.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Ok - so I have to admit that I LOVE federer...a little un-patriotic, I know, but he's such a fun player to watch! What an awesome match...Hans and I thought it would never end!

Debbie said...

I'm with you Wendi, and I'm still down about it a bit today. I feel sooo bad for Andy. When will he ever get such a good chance again?? Federer has enough, he could have gotten his fifteenth some other time. Especially when it was so hard fought. At the end it just came down to a couple of shots shanked by Andy, so I don't even feel Roger really deserved it. I'm bummed.