Sunday, July 12, 2009

Last "Official" Sunday at Crossway

Well today we attend Crossway Community Church for the last time as church members. Here's a pic of me and my boys after service was over. These are the outfits from Aunt Linda. While Isaac's was a bit big, we managed to get them in the outfits together before Elijah's belly ripped his shirt. :)

If I haven't already told you personally, JB and I decided that it we needed to begin the search for a new church. We had many reasons which all involved the "season" that we currently find ourselves at in our life. This season being, the parents of two very young boys. To make a very long story short, our church is relocating to Crestview, about a half hour away from our home. Making this drive with two babies wasn't something that we were sure we wanted to do. In addition, our Care Group, which meets on Wednesday night, recently had a number of families move out of there area and was therefore going to be dissolved. Our church also only has one service: 10:00am. This is not a great time with two boys who take morning naps. Add to that the fact that childcare is not offered during the first half of the service and not at all for children under one, and we simply felt like we needed to find something that had an earlier service, met closer to our house, and offered childcare during the entire service.

This was a very difficult decision for us as we truly LOVE the people at Crossway. They have been so supportive and encouraging during our two years here at Eglin. However, we trusted that the Lord would make our decision crystal clear, and He did just that. We spoke with our Care Group Leader and Pastor about two weeks ago and attended for a final time today. Of course, we still hope to see a lot of these people outside of church and we will be sure to visit them on occasion. But for now, we'll begin a new search for a church. Not something we really wanted to do considering we only have one more year here. But something we need to do nonetheless. I'll keep you all posted on how our search for a new place to worship goes.

After church, we took our friend Lisa's children home with us while she and her husband attended a class after church. We had a fantastic afternoon with Burger King, Tetris, and the old Journey to the Center of the Earth. I even managed a few pictures!

E. feeding Scrubs treats while B. plays in the background and Isaac looks on.


E. holding Elijah

After I dropped Lisa's kids off at home, I took Scrubs to the dog park for an afternoon romp which he, of course, loved, despite the slow drizzle that started the moment I pulled into the parking lot. We are now planning to have some leftover food from our brunch yesterday with Zachariah and Robyn for dinner tonight. Have I ever told you all how much I love breakfast at dinnertime!? Yum!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

You are so right..."Why not hope?"!!! I needed that reminder tonight! I love reading about you and your two adorable boys. You've been where I am and with patience and trust God has brought you to where you are today. Your story is such a blessing to me!

Good luck on your search for a new church family!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Awh Wendi, What great pics! My girlie loves babies and my boys loves Tetris!

Thanks so much for serving us all. So kind of you. They love you guys! I will have to borrow these pics! :)

We are going to miss you...but we WILL see you and get together!
Love ya

Becky said...

Wendi, I know what a difficult decision this was for you guys. I am praying the Lord leads you to the place He has for you.

Iturblog said...

Awe, I'm sorry to read of your departure from Crossway (and the dissolvement of "our" caregroup!), but I understand your reasons and will be praying you all find a great church home wherever God wills!

Love the pictures of E and B! I so miss those sweet children! How sweet of you to serve Ryan and Lisa this way! We miss you guys and those precious boys!