Thursday, October 26, 2017

We Bought a Farm: My heart is BURSTING

I don't know if I can adequately put into words what the arrival of DUYGU has done for my heart. She only came in two nights ago and to be honest, I didn't really think about her arrival that much. She was from Turkey which had intrigued me when we connected on "WorkAway", but I have been so busy and I am often talking to many volunteers at the same time trying to negotiate their arrival and departures, that I didn't really have time to focus on her coming. 

I was actually a bit concerned because I usually "hire" wwoofers for help on the farm, and it was obvious from her profile that she would be more of a help with indoor things like cleaning and cooking. But she said she was willing to help on the farm, I didn't have anyone else booked for the month, and she was from Turkey. My friend Rana helped me with some references, and I decided to go for it.

And then she got here. And within just moments, I suddenly felt my heart get soooo happy.

Our friend Annie picked her up from the airport. Annie lives in Knoxville and was able to help me avoid a long drive to the big city. It was late when they arrived, but early the next morning, Duygu immediately jumped in to help us with harvesting before our first frost:


She jumped right into the kitchen. Here is a photo of the stuffed peppers she threw together:


And then today she made MANTI!! Oh my ... melt a woman's heart why don't you?!


Even better, Abigail spent an entire hour STRAIGHT helping her with the Manti. It was the sweetest thing ever.


Another pic:


I had no idea how much my heart needed this woman in our home. I know it has only been a few days, but there is just something so familiar and comfortable about the sound of her voice. It brings back such wonderful memories of a place that holds such beautiful memories for me. I've also been shocked how my Turkish has come back to me. I really thought I had lost most of it ... but as she practices her English and I practice my Turkish, it is coming back so quickly. 

I spoke on the Blog previously about the fact that we have found out one of our previous WWOOFers has been arrested. If what he did is true, it is a very scary thing that he lived on our farm. And it made JB and I question EVERYTHING. But God, he wouldn't let us go. He has made it clear that HE wants us to continue to host these people. And so, that is what I am doing.

And Duygu's arrival shouted to me: KEEP GOING WENDI! I WANT YOU TO DO THIS!

To have her and Tymen here with Veronica on the weekends is nearly the perfect combo of people here. Just three fantastic individuals who make the world a better place!

I'm SO HAPPY!

3 comments:

Tracye said...

Love hearing the encouragement in your heart! It’s evident in your words!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have this jewel with you! God knew exactly what you needed sweet girl! I wonder if Abigail remembers Hatice (sp?) and how she sounded and that's one reason she wanted to help make the Manti.

Please tell us what Manti is by the way. It sounds intriguing.

So thankful you have Veronica helping every weekend. What a blessing she is and has been in the past!

Julie Edgar

Joia said...

This is such sweet news - I am So happy for you! Her cooking looks AMAZING! =)