Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Review: Kid Niche Christian Books

Kid Niche Christian Books
I had the opportunity to review Kid Niche Christian Books product Weave Your Word in Me -- Part 1

This is a Bible and Prayer Curriculum designed for students in grades 4-6. You could use it in a Christian school, in a homeschool (like we did), or in a church. You could also simply use it with one of your "tweens" in your own home. I used Weave Your Word in Me -- Part 1 with my boys who are in the 3rd grade. (This is compatible with KJV, ESV, NKJV, NASB, and NABRE).

*******(By the way can I tell you how hard it is for me to even consider that my boys are old enough to be a "tween." I do NOT want them to grow up.)

Please note: The product is designed to be used with ONE student. If you purchase it, you should purchase one for each student. However, I decided to have my boys work through it together and team up so that I could get both of their opinions on it. Each lesson, one of them would do the writing and one of them would do the Bible reading. And then they took turns. 

I should also note that there is a Part II for this product as well. You can buy them separately or buy them together as a unit.

Written by Susan Case Bonner, this is a Bible study and prayer guide which helps young people understand who God is and how to talk with him. It is designed around the nine verses of My Whole Self Before You which is a rhythmical prayer modeled after the Lord's prayer.

I took a video of my eight-year-old, Sidge, reading the prayer:



Here is a sample of what my two boys came up with during the second part of the first lesson:



And here is another sample of a lesson that they finished:


Our overall review. Listen folks, my boys are picky about things they like. They complain about schoolwork readily. So when both of them give a review like this, that means good things in our house! Anytime I get two thumbs up from TWO kids, I sit up and pay very close attention. Even better: NO COMPLAINING! Oh how I love those words!!!!

Here is what each of my boys had to say:

Sidge (age 8): "Good. It's fun. I love looking up stuff in the Bible."
Isaac (age 9):  "I like it because it counts as school work and is fun."

This would work beautifully in any home. Each morning (or anytime of the day of course!) you simply give your child a Bible and their workbook and have them work through a lesson. There are questions and fill-in-the-blanks and different ways of reinforcing questions with each lesson.

Each lesson took my boys around 15 minutes. It was a very reasonable amount of time, and they seemed to almost look forward to doing it. We did about 3-4 lessons a week for the month or so of my review period which means we are over halfway through it right now. It came already hole-punched and so I just put it in a three ring binder.

This is a great product that we thoroughly recommend!

You can check them out at Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest

Weave Your Word in Me {Kid Niche Christian Books Reviews}
 Crew Disclaimer

No comments: