Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things I forgot about ...

... Checkers French Fries (Yum!)
... Five Guys Burgers (Why would you ever eat another?)
... South Floridians (and their knack for asking me how tall I am everywhere I go.)
... The noise level. (It's loud here. Like, always. Morning. Naps. Nites. Loud.)
... Cars that cost more than a house (It's South Florida, baby!)
... South Florida customer service (Nothing to write home about!)
... Lines (You can't cut here!)
... Chipotle (Enough said!)
... Beautiful blue skies (Turkey has a lot of smog!)
... commercials (No commercials in Turkey!)
... ability to buy (I don't have to panic about not having something. I can just buy it!)
... cell phones (They are everywhere!)
... mango bread (A South Florida delicacy!)
... On Demand TV (Can you imagine!)
... texting (It's the new email!)
... intense rainstorms (great nap weather!
... radio stations (Christian ones galore!)
... blueberries (yum!)
... to be continued.

10 comments:

TAV said...

MANGO bread? Is that a S Fla thing? :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Is there a recipe you can post??

Kell said...

I LOVE Aunt Joni's mango bread. We ate in on our road trip home from FL to VT in November :)

Jenny said...

Can you believe my parents are texting and I don't! They have fancy phones and my german cell is pay-as-you-go! I can't wait to upgrade this summer and join the rest of the world@

Anonymous said...

Chipotle! The best ever!

Bethany

Gabbs said...

When did it rain?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joni's Mango Bread

1 3/4 C. sugar
2 t. baking soda
3 eggs
2 t. cinnamon
1 C. vegetable oil 1/2 t.salt
2 C. flour
2 C. pureed mango
1 t. vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Can fold in nuts, coconut, raisins

Pour into 2 greased and floured (Pam) loaf pans.

Bake 350 for 1 hour.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Gabbi, it rained the first couple days we were here.

Gabbs said...

Oh yeah! Duh! I remember now, it was pouring the first day I saw you.