Friday, February 24, 2012

Missing Isaac

Our little Isaac is spending a day (and night) over at Joni's. Bri came into town with her new boyrfriend Robert, and they are making a day of it. I am so excited for him to get to spend time with his birth family, but it is hard to have him gone. I feel like a piece of me just isn't here. I found myself tearing up last night just missing him -- even though there is less fighting with only one brother in tow. Gosh I love that kid.

So, in the meantime, it is just Abigail, Elijah and me. Last night I left them with Grampa and Grama Kit. so that I could go see a movie with my two sister-in-laws: Danielle (married to deployed Matt) and Gabbi (married to third sibling Ray). We saw The Vow. I really liked it but would have liked to see some things done differently. I won't say more than that as to not ruin it for anyone.

We spent the night at the Kits. last night. Youngest sibling Rob was in town from Orlando so it was great to spend some time with him. But Mom K. is still really sick so we left mid-morning today. Just me and the two kiddos, I took some time to film them -- mostly to send back to their Daddy who is currently missing them like crazy in England.

The first video is Elijah and I having an in-depth coversation. It's long and you may not be able to understand him in parts, but it definitely captures what we witness everyday with him. And the second video is Abigail eating oranges. Man she loves those things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand you missing Isaac so much. I remember the first time the boys had their first sleep over at a friends (heck even dropping them off at their first birthday party). It's so hard to let them go. Pat and I were lost as to what to do without them. It was so odd to not have anyone to tuck into bed. The house had an eerie feel to it. It's a feeling we still don't like.

I'm sure Isaac is missing you just as much.

Bethany

Wegner Family said...

Have you read the book, "The Vow"? I sent you a message about it.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I did not get the message, but no, I did not read the book but I totally want to.

And Bethany, this was so encouraging to hear that it is not "adoption" related that I miss him. Just normal mom missing!