Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Reunions

I was really hoping that I could be present to watch our friend Logan's husband, Brandon, return from his six month deployment. People don't deploy from Incirlik very often -- you are considered "deployed in place" here, but Brandon's job is an unusual one, and he was the only person who could do it. And he did. He was coming back on the plane we were going to leave on. And so after we were checked in, I slipped outside with the boys to get to help welcome Brandon home. Here is a video of the event! You can tell I am a dog-lover because I end up watching Dixie, their 1/3 Dalmatian dog more than I watched Brandon and Logan. Dixie got a bit distracted by a drug dog but then realized what she was missing: Daddy's home!

Here are some photos, courtesy of Logan's other attending friends.









I don't know of many other jobs that require so much of a family. Thank you to Brandon and Logan ... and Dixie for serving our country.

1 comment:

Ryan and Sarah said...

LOVE!! Hate that we missed it.