Saturday, July 23, 2011

Burg Eltz Revisited



Today was another day for a field trip. We packed up early this morning and headed to Burg Eltz. JB and I actually visited this castle back in October when we spent a week in Germany on vacation. Of course, that time we did it with a hike. This time we took a shuttle bus so I had to do very minimal walking. My parents loved it, and since JB got to take the tour last time, I got to take the tour with my parents this time while my hubby watched all three kiddos. You can click here to read a history of this castle. It was a wonderful day. The boys were incredibly well behaved and the 1.5 hour drive each way was just gorgeous. I think my parents really enjoyed the opportunity to see a real, live castle and more of this beautiful country.

I am feeling very good physically. Today I could actually say I really wasn't in pain. Discomfort maybe but not pain. Emotionally, I'm definitely dealing with some changing hormones, but otherwise, things are wonderful.

2 comments:

TAV said...

i love, love, love the castles of germany! so romantic! glad your parents could experience them, too!

Stephanie Doyle said...

What a beautiful place! And your daughter is precious! Congrats! :)

Praying that the passport comes immediately!

www.doylesdays.blogspot.com