Sunday, July 31, 2011

Deborah is with Jesus



Just received this email from our former Chaplain. His wife Deborah is home.


Brothers and Sisters,

Deborah is dancing on streets of Gold this morning. She went to be with the Lord at 8:56 last night with her daughters Tiffany and Grace laughing and playing at the foot of her bed. Grace was laughing so hard she was snorting, for those of you who know her. I said, "our girls are sure having a lot of fun". It was bath time and they were wrestling, esp since they were going to use Mom and Dad's tub, a first for Grace. I know this probably doesn't make sense, you would have just had to have been here. But Grace's Loving Mom just shook her head that little, little bit and gave the faintest of smiles. I was holding her hand, and stroking her hair, her girls were laughing and playing and she went to Dance with Jesus.

I can't begin to describe the range of emotions i am experiencing. I slept in an empty bed last night. I have done that many times in the past 10 years due to deployments, TDY's etc, but this time was different this time the bed was vacant. There were no boney arms reaching out to touch me, no boney fingers "anointing my head with Love and my face with joy". OUCH, i am crying again. Even though i Know she is in Heaven I miss her being here. I want her to be here, but that means she would be HERE and NOT There, who would want that? I do. How selfish is that? (I always tell people it is good to cry because it cleanses the emotions, but it makes it hard to type. I should have done this last night when i was "all business". right now i am a mess.)

This morning I am listening to "I will Praise You in this Storm" real Loud. Right now it is still Raining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ

I will write more later today. I LOVE you ALL VERY much and i can't imagine this journey without ya'll. Deborah, Grace and I have lived the definition of Koinonia (fellowship). When one hurts the whole body hurts, when one rejoices the whole body rejoices. We can rejoice this AM because Deborah has been cured of cancer. PRAISE GOD.

M&G
The Crumptons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Wen! I am so sorry. It has been amazing watching their story. I will continue to pray for the family. You ok? mom h

Susan said...

Wendi - I am so sorry for your loss. May the Lord comfort you for your friends.

Buttercup said...

So, so sad. She sounds so lovely. My prayers and sympathy and with you and Deborah's family.

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I'm just reading your blog and seeing this post about Deborah. I know she's with the Lord and has probably met my beloved friend Cyndi Florio who had been praying for her! My heart just aches for Mark and Grace. I will keep them lifted in prayer. Love, Julie Edgar