Monday, July 18, 2011

We are "home"

We are back at the hotel which actually feels a lot more like "home" then anywhere else in Germany right now. I am doing well. Abigail is doing well. I still can't believe how perfectly smoothly everything went. Thank you to the Lord and to everyone for their prayers. I was able to leave by 48 hours. While my milk isn't in quite yet, breastfeeding is going great. My pain is very well managed. My bowels are in working order. All the things that went wrong last time are going right this time. Glorious!

The boys were so excited to see us arrive back at the hotel. Having four other adults really helps me to feel like the boys are being adequately spoiled even when I can't be with them. I can truly see how splitting myself between three will be one of my biggest challenges during the time to come. During Abigail's first feed here at the hotel, Elijah came and laid down next to me on my bed and we watched a cartoon while I fed Abigail. So sweet!

Some of you have asked if you can call or skype me. You can definitely try. If I don't answer, it's not a good time, but hearing from you is welcome.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, that's AWESOME! For some reason I thought you had to stay 5 days with a section. Enjoy "home!"