Monday, July 04, 2011

Celebrations (and other news)

Lots of news to report here! The first bit of very exciting news is that our good friend Tara is married! Congratulations to Tara and Kelvin. I so wish I could have been there to celebrate with her on her wedding day. I did get to see some great pictures on Tara's blog. Oh MAN! Do I wish I could have gone.

There are also a lot of birthdays to celebrate. My friends Michelle (childhood friend) and Shea (college teammate) are celebrating their 34th birthday today, right along with me. John's brother Ray is, according to my records, 33 today. Happy Birthday to you all.

It is also a day to celebrate our country. A day to celebrate those individuals who helped us live in the freedom so many of us take for granted. Happy Fourth of July America -- all the way for Germany. No fireworks for us this year. It doesn't get dark until after 10pm here. Not staying up that late with two toddlers.

I also wanted to provide a quick update on our friend Cheryl. She has been transferred here to Germany, and is currently in Landstuhl hospital (where I will deliver Abigail). John has been to see her many times. She is on life support, and as she was without oxygen for many minutes, her brain has been seriously impacted. Medically speaking, her prognosis is grim, but we continue to know that our God is capable of a miracle. I will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

TAV said...

thanks for the shout-out... some photos posted!

Gabbi said...

And in other news, your sister-in-law is now officially a nurse :) I found out yesterday I passed.