Friday, July 22, 2011

Veronica is "home"

I'm not sure who the most excited is about Abigail's arrival. But I think Veronica is at the top of her "biggest fan" list.

*****

Veronica is back in Turkey. I think it was a bit of bitter sweetness for her as she has made some friends here in Germany. Time to return to her "real world." We sent her back a few days earlier than us so that she could watch Scrubs, get some R&R, and just have a little time by herself.

Next week, JB and the boys will be returning home. While I am still holding out hope for a miracle that would allow me to go with them, chances are, Abigail and I will still be here in Germany waiting for a tiny little baby passport to arrive. It has now taken five days. The average is ten. When it comes in, we can go home. But until then, Veronica will be doing a lot with the boys and dog and we wanted her to be "ready" for the grind.

My parents will be here a few days after JB and the boys which will be nice for me. I think if everyone left me at once, I might go into extreme sadness. But at least this way the good byes will be a bit more gradual in arrival.

No comments: