Friday, July 01, 2011

CARS 2

"Living" in Germany offers many perks. One of them? Getting to see movies pretty close to the time that are peeps in the USA get to see them. Today, CARS 2 opened here on the Base in Ramstein, and we made sure we had tickets to see it. All six of us had the opportunity to go together -- although JB called "dibbs" on getting to sit by both of his boys.

This is only the second movie the boys have ever attended. The first one? It was actually CARS 1 during our first few days in Turkey. Living in Turkey has really limited our ability to see movies as there isn't much showing at our tiny theatre on Base.


It was a completely sold-out show! The boys are wearing their new CARS shirts from Shea. Both boys sat through the entire show (other than potty breaks) completely in love with the movie!


Veronica and Joni

Isaac giving a smile before his fever took over again. The poor little guy is quite under the weather -- we didn't realize how much until the end of the movie when he climbed on to JB's lap and snuggled up for the duration.


4 comments:

Cha Cha B said...

Did the boys enjoy the movie? :)
Did you like it?

Jenny said...

Curious what your thoughts were on it? I've heard mixed reviews. A friend told me that visually it was great, but a bit intense and "over the head" of little ones.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Aaaahh. Good questions. I read the review on focus on the family ahead of time: family.org. My boys loved the movie and were intrigued the entire time. It did have more "violence" then Cars I as it was a "spy theme." A lot of cars: "die." It was also more intense than the first one in general -- just in comparison to small town radiator springs vs. Tokyo and Europe. However, Mader was very funny, it was very well done, and I wouldn't hesitate to let my boys watch it again or repeatedly. Hope that helps.

P.S. I wasn't a huge fan of Cars I the first time I saw it. I'm usually that way about kids movies. But they all grow on me, esp. as you get more of the jokes as you watch it enough times.

Gabbs said...

Funny, must be something about seeing Cars 2 in this family because when we got home from seeing the movie, I took Grace's temperature and it was 102! Hope Isaac's feeling better.