Saturday, May 15, 2010

Talking-away

Isaac is talking like crazy. And starting to say some funny things. Some examples:






  • On the way home from our appointment on Base a few days ago, Isaac tells me he wants to go "Buh bye." He quickly made it very clear that he did NOT want to go home. "We have to go home," I tell him. I try to explain that it's well past his nap time do to yet another appointment that falls right smack in the middle of the afternoon. "It's time for you to go to sleep," I said. He paused, looked out the window and then said, "But I waked up."
  • Isaac says "peanut butter" crystal clear. But when he adds it with jelly, it comes out "pee-jelly."
  • One of his car books has a picture of a Lamborghini in it. The Lamborghini's front hood lifts up to reveal a trunk. Isaac kept saying it was broken. I explained to him that it wasn't broken but that the trunk was in the front. Now every time he sees that car he says. "Not broken. Trunk is in the front." He also started saying "not broken" anytime he sees a car's trunk open, anywhere we are.
  • Another new phrase is "need help." However, he doesn't yell it. He says it very calmly. He did it to Bri when his legs were hanging out the back of his new police car. Just calmly said: "Need help." He'll use it for a toy he can't reach or any desire for Mom to come running.
  • Yesterday a bunch of us met up at the park. Keenan and Jonathon, who are older and taller than Isaac, were climbing up on this one ledge. Isaac couldn't reach it. So he ran over to me and said, "Need help. Take your hand Mommy." He lead me by the hand to the ledge and had me help him up on it. I wandered away thinking he could get down by himself, and Joia later heard him saying, "Need help Doia." Not panicked. Just very calm. My sweet boy.

2 comments:

grama di said...

So sweet. How is E? still staying truck and quack? And my other grandson? (Scrubby?) Does he seem better?

camfox said...

what a sweet, sweet boy. Such cute things he's saying.