Saturday, May 08, 2010

Wifia Brunch

Andrea, me, Tiffany and Joia (back)
Sarah and Jodi (front)

Three years ago I came to Eglin AFB knowing no one. I was grieving a fourth failed IVF and preparing to launch into the beginning of my husband's three years of residency. Five other women were starting their lives here at the same time, and somehow, we managed to create a group of friends that absolutely transformed my time here. I cannot imagine how different this journey would have been without these wonderful women in my life. We are all very different women united by one commonality in our lives. We will be friends forever.

We are all now preparing to go our separate ways. Andrea will be heading to California. I am off to Turkey. Sarah is moving to Japan, and Jodi will make her home in North Dakota. Joia will actually be staying here for the next four years as her husband will be working at Eglin again. Tiffany's husband Matt finally got word that they are heading out west. As a final farewell, we met this morning for brunch at Sarah's house. It was a busy day for us as we would have Isaac's birthday party later that evening, but it didn't matter. All six of us put aside the chaos of our lives to come together for what might be the last time. Our husbands watched our kids, and we just sat and reminisced, laughed, cried, and toasted the incredible team we formed over the last three years of our lives.

Sarah hosted the brunch, and Joia did a ton of decorating for it. Since I still need to do a post on Isaac's birthday party, I'll instead let Joia's blog tell the story. You can visit by clicking here. I also wrote a poem for the event. Joia included the text of that on her blog as well. So, because I am feeling a bit exhausted from both a brunch and birthday party, I'm going to just allow Joia to do the work.

. . . tune in tomorrow for details of Isaac and Bri's birthday party. It was a smashing success. But now it is nearly 10pm, and I have got to go bed. Here's a video to give you a "sneak peek." However, the rest of the pictures and details will have to wait until tomorrow. Nite all!

No comments: