Monday, May 03, 2010

Results posted!

The official race results from our triathlon were posted (finally!) today.

Kristi and I were amongst 15 other participants in our age bracket (women ages 30-34). She finished 7th and I finished 11th. Kristi's final time was 1:35. Mine was better than I thought! 1:41. The best woman in our class finished in 1:21. The last woman in our class finished in 1:47. So I was right in the middle of things. The fastest woman to finish the race was 25 years old. She did it in 1:13.

Kristi and I both did the run (4.1 miles instead of 3.1) miles in about 39 minutes. This is under 10 minute miles which I am extremely happy with considering that we thought it was only going to be 3.1 miles. I thought I could the 3.1 in about 9 minute miles so to just add a few minutes to my time is satisfying.

Kristi did much better on the bike than I did. She finished in 41:25. I did it in 48:10. I was second to the last in bike time so this is obviously the area I need the most improvement in.

Our swim was close to the same. 12:58 for Kristi and 13:23 for me. As far as the swim was concerned, I don't felt like it was much about swimming as it was about just getting through the gauntlet!

I would be happy with whatever my time was, but it is nice to see that I am right in the middle of the participants and sort of where I should be for my age group!

As for my next race, it may have to wait a bit. My foot is not quite right. I'm not sure I would be ready by mid-May. There is another race on Base a few weeks after that, but it is already closed. Oh well. We'll see when I can do another one. Either way, I think JB and I would like to try and do it together.

Thanks for everyone who encouraged and cheered for me. And especially thanks to Kristi! What a fantastic memory the two of us can share. I'm so proud of her and so proud to be her friend.

1 comment:

Rachel and Hans said...

congrats, wendi! :-)