Friday, May 21, 2010

Lindor sweetness

Lindor truffles. Friends. Free babysitting.

Can it get any better?

Yesterday Andrea watched both of my boys for a few hours so I could pick up my dental records, Scrubs' vet records, and then get some stuff down around the house.

This morning, the boys and I did the two hour round-trip to Santa Rosa Beach to take Scrubs to dog camp.

Nearly all the way home from dog camp, we cycled through the same conversation. It went something like this:
  1. Elijah would start screaming at the top of his lungs and put his hand on his head for "night-night" over and over and over again.
  2. I would say, "Yes Elijah. We are going to take you home and put you night-night."
  3. Then Isaac would say some combination of: "No night-night. Isaac buh bye. Go to Bittney's house. See Sophie. See Bick."
  4. I would correct myself. Yes, Elijah was going to go night-night. Isaac would go to Brittny's house.
  5. Isaac would then puts his fingers in his ears to block out Elijah's screaming.
  6. Elijah would take a break from screaming.
  7. Elijah would start screaming again.
  8. Return to #1 for explanation of what happened next.
So needless to say that when we got home and Brittny wasn't home from the BX yet, Isaac lost it. Instead of dropping Isaac off first, I went home and put Elijah down. This crushed Isaac. So much that I decided to walk across the street and just wait with Isaac outside of Brittny's house instead of listening to him cry inside the house.

Isaac then played at Sophie's house while Elijah slept and I got a ton of stuff done! What a gal Brittny is, huh?

Even better was that Andrea stopped by during my solo time with Lindor truffles (is there anything better?!) and a card for my birthday tomorrow.

I realized that I never, barely ever, take time in the house without the boys around. It is amazing how much I can get accomplished. I needed yesterday and today so much to get us ready for our trip and more ready for our move.

How blessed I am to have "family" away from my family. To have people that will help.

What would we do without community?

And Lindor truffles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindor truffles are the bomb! My faves are the white chocolate. One Christmas when I worked at Mayo, one of the consultants put a large bowl (and I mean large - bigger than the lg buckets of popcorn you get at the movies) of an assorted variety of Lindor truffles in our work room as a gift from him to the staff. And then he kept refilling the bowl over the next few weeks. I think everyone in the dept. gained a few pounds that Christmas. (plus we had a ton of other treats that the consultants brought such as monster cookies, fudge, pie...etc.)

The conversation with your boys made me smile. I remember those well.

Bethany

Susan said...

I agree with Bethany about the truffles being the bomb! However, while I like getting the variety pack, my favorite is the dark chocolate! My husband sometimes gets me a bag of the 'variety' ones for Christmas as a 'happy' and they last me a really long time!! Happy early birthday, Wendi!

Joy Z said...

Lindor truffles!!!!! If you like peanut butter, you absolutely must try the peanut butter kind. It's like Reese's Peanut Butter cups for the rich and famous. YUM

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Wendi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Love Tante Jan

Kelli said...

Tomorrow is my birthday, too!

Happy Birthday to us! :)