Sunday, December 27, 2009

This morning, my grandparents and parents loaded up their cars and headed to South Florida. My grandparents will be spending a month avoiding the Michigan winter at my parents' house in Coconut Creek. They will also get to see the last of their great-grandchildren: Charleigh.

We had a wonderful few days with everyone! We ate a lot of good food and just enjoyed each other's company. The three gals also managed to squeeze in pedicures yesterday morning! Heavenly!

The Lord always works things out as I have no idea how I would have made it without my Mom here to help with the boys during the last few days. And also the Lord's guidance has allowed Joan to have already planned to come visit for nearly two weeks starting tomorrow. JB is starting on a very tough inpatient rotation including a call weekend, so when Joanie and I were trying to figure out a time for her to come visit way back when, I had suggested this time. PRAISE THE LORD! She is leaving tomorrow morning! I am going to have Jodi come over for a few hours to help me tomorrow in the gap between my Mom's departure and Joan's arrival. Seriously folks. What would we do without friends?

I know kids get sick, but I have never witnessed such a conglomeration of sickness in one house at one time. I have not been really sick since before Isaac was born. Isaac hasn't been really sick since he was a year old. It's been quite some time since JB has been sick. It does seem however that whenever he is on a pediatric rotation, he brings something home! (He was on one the week before Christmas.) The boys were so incredibly sick. As Isaac started to get a little bit better, Elijah was in the worst of it. And JB has just been terribly sick the whole time. He did manage, somehow, to still cook Christmas dinner (he insisted!) but otherwise, he was pretty laid out. There wasn't any throwing up, but there was every other single thing going on in this house. Sneezing, coughs, runny noses galore, diarrhea, fevers . . . whew. Despite lotioned Kleenex, both boys' have such raw noses, I can't even touch them without them screaming. We've had to start hiding Elijah's medicine in his applesauce because he will just spit the whole thing up, and Isaac has completely lost patience for me "squeezing" out his nose with that blue thingamabob. Neither boy wants me to put clothes on them -- even that hurts them.

Okay, enough talk of sickness. We are on the mend Praise the Lord and looking forward to having Joanie here to help and hang out with while JB begins two weeks of pretty long days.

Here's some photos as I close:

Elijah making a dive onto Grama Di to give her a hug.


Isaac launching himself onto Papa.

The closest I could get to a good picture of Elijah with his great-grandmother.

We have allowed more movie watching in our house during the last few days then we probably allowed in their whole lives previously. Pooh, Thomas, and George have become good friends of ours. This is how they watched some of George yesterday. Yes, Elijah was in the laundry basket. He felt more content in there Grama Di discovered. Who knows why?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have disinfectant will travel!!!
Joni

Anonymous said...

Good one, Joan:) We'll be praying you have a great trip!
love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Is Joni-Joanie??? good comment, either way:)
M

Ebby Ray said...

Cole is 11 and still likes to sit in the laundry basket.

Hope you guys are feeling better soon.