Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On the mend

Well I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Just two doses of the new antibiotic down, and we are observing huge improvements in the boys. How wonderful to see Elijah's nose a little less gunky today, his cough not so painful, his wheezing not so heavy. His smile is back in place a bit too! Whew! And Isaac has been nearly perfecto this morning.

Today, I was reminded what a blessing it is when someone takes a few minutes out of their day to do or tell someone else something nice. I was outside playing Frisbee with Scrubs today and our awesome mailman pulled over to talk to me. He told me that he thought I was a very good Mom for taking the time to play with the dog when he knew I had two little boys to take care of as well. He said he often sees me giving the dog time and that it really was great to see. That really made my day! It didn't take him much time or effort on his part, but it sure put a big smile on my face. I'm hoping we can all find someone to make the day of today.

Last night after JB came home we did our mini Christmas with Joanie. Bri got Isaac a big Mickey. He is in love with it and has been taking it everywhere, as you can see from the photos below. Of course, Joanie is in town which means that pictures will be in great abundance during her nearly two week visit. Enjoy! And I hope to be back to blogging more than I have been during this bout of illness in our home.

Me (in my new pajama bottoms from my parents) with Scrubby.


My Elijah -- the best he is looked in nearly a week.

Mickey gets a kiss.

I had to include this photo to show off Isaac's funny face here.

My boy -- looking a whole lot better.


2 comments:

grama di said...

Cute Mickey!! Did he get a train or car too? That steering wheel looks 'new'. So glad you're all doing better and Joan is there for pictures!!

David and Lesley said...

That was nice of the mailman to take the time to encourage you! :) What a nice thing to say. :)