Sunday, December 20, 2009

Redemption Series

It is with every fiber of my being that I recommend the five books of the Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury to you. THANK YOU to whoever it was that recommended Kingsbury to me. Truly, honestly, I feel my life has been changed after reading this series.

I have only twice in my life cried while reading a book. One was while reading Angela's Ashes. The other was during this book series. It reached a little bit of a slow point for me during book 1 and 2, but thank goodness a blog follower encouraged me to stay with it. I did! Oh man! I am so glad I did!

If you are struggling with infertility (the tragedy closest to my heart) or any other issue: infidelity, death, loss of a love, a devastating diagnosis ... anything, you will find strength and encouragement in this series. I honestly felt like I was having devotion time when I read these books. They were utterly fantastic. What an incredible blessing they have been to my life.

I was excited to hear that there are two spin-off series from these books. Has anyone heard how they are? I believe it is the Firstborn and then the Sunrise series. I am hoping my library has them so I can quickly get into them.

I got my Redemption series at our Base library so I imagine many of your public libraries would have the series as well. Read these books! Seriously! You will be changed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one other spin-off, that is actually a spin-off of a spin-off of the Redemption Series. In the Firstborn series, you meet a major character who works with a kids' theater group in Indiana. She spends a lot of time with a family who is patterned after Kingsbury's own family (had three and adopted three from Haiti). That family is featured in the spin-off of the spin-off in a series called "Above the Line." I am waiting for her newest book from "Above the Line," which is coming out next March.
(Warning: if you cried with the Redemption series, there is a book in the Sunrise series that I stayed up way late to finish called "Summer." It hit way close to home. Trying not to give anything away, but wow. It is amazing.)

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Loving your book recommendations. I love Karen Kingsbury also- reading Shades of Blue right now. I have read part of Sunrise Series and it is really good also.

Rachel and Hans said...

The Sunrise series is really good as is the Above the Line like anonymous said. :-)

Anonymous said...

Didn't mean to be "Anonymous" with first comment-I am Laura from HP.

Anonymous said...

LOve, love , loved the firstborn and sunrise series. both of them are great additions, i totally feel like i got to know the characters and found myself talking to my hubby about the storylines and such...so glad you enjoyed redemption series! hope you can find the new series nsoon. they are soooo great!

Jennifer said...

I love Kingsbury and just finished the first of the Above the Line series. I can't wait to get the next one over Christmas break!

Anonymous said...

The other two spin offs are fantastic, but by the end of the third one, they are a little predictable. I also recommend 'Take One' and 'Take Two' that Kingsbury recently wrote.