Saturday, August 25, 2007

Quickly ...

3:30am Scrubs needs to pee
4:30am Scrubs need to do the other thing
5:30am Scrubs wants to eat
6:30am Scrubs wants to play (This is obvious because as you go to open his cage you can hear his tail flicking the sides a few hundred times a second)
7:30am Scrubs wants a walk (JB did this one)

Need I explain that I am a tad bit tired? Actually at 5:30am I became tempted to cry, but then I thought: Wendi, are you telling me that you are going to cry over one night of not-so-good sleep? Those of you who have followed my infertility saga know that this is nothing in comparison to the weeks I previously went with little to no sleep.

Other random thoughts:

You want a great laugh this morning? Read my friend Rachel's blog: All I ever needed to learn I learned on my Peds rotation. This post was so funny. Seriously, it will go down in blog humor history. (Sorry Hans, you have big shoes to ever write a post that competes.)

There is apparently a picture floating around with John and his tiara. I am trying desperately to get it. The thing is, I might need JB to facilitate this, and I am not sure how willing he will be.

John has the whole weekend off. THE WHOLE WEEKEND!

This morning we actually met the grandson of the main character killed in End of the Spear. Actually JB had met him earlier in the hospital which is hwo we got talking in the bagel shop this morning. His grandfather was Chad Allen in the movie! No joke! How cool is that? We plan to walk over to their house later with Scrubs. They live on base, and he is getting ready to be deployed. He said his kids would love to play with the dog for a bit, and his wife could use a break from four girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi - I could have used some of your RLS resources the other night on call. I had a post-op lady who had an acute attack of what appeared to be SEVERE RLS. She was almost going crazy. Thankfully, I had seen an add on TV (always a great source for medical education) for Requip so I gave her some of that along with a hefty dose of a benzo and she finally was able to settle down and sleep.

Anonymous said...

Hey, very funny post from Rachel. Made me think of the plane trip when John was 18 mos old or so and wouldn't stop fussing-no matter what I was doing to help him from having trouble with his ears...so I started swabbing his gums with Donagel PG that I had for the kids for "stomach trouble" and I knew made them sleepy. He was out in just a few minutes! I didn't know till a long time later that it had an opiate in it. And, no I didn't give it to him on a regular basis:)Good thing, I can just hear him telling the doctor or dentist, "my mom rubs this stuff on my teeth"!!