Thursday, August 09, 2007

Nice morning smiles


Thought these pics were too cute not to post. I also think it is too cute that Lesley still has the little mouse eating a grape photo that JB sent me like a year ago, on her blog. Lesley, I think the grape eating mouse must now remain a permanent feature of your blog! I'd be very sad if he disappeared.

JB did bring our car to the shop yesterday, and we have a nice KIA for a rental car until the car is done -- hopefully today or tomorrow. Makes me want to get rid of our Saturn riding in this KIA. However, while our Saturn has 160,000 miles to its name, we don't believe this is the end for our Saturn. We believe in him/her! We are really hoping our Saturn sticks by us until residency is over ... at least.

Last night we attended a home study for the church we went to this past Sunday. There are two residents (a third year and a second year) that attend this home study and the church. It was a wonderful evening! I was also correct, regarding the diversity and adoption at the church. The pastor and his wife have adopted two African American children and numerous other couples are interested in adopting or have adopted, many internationally. This alone may be enough to send us here. It may be just the type of environment we need.

I also had lunch with the wives yesterday at Tiffany's house. This is a great mid-week event. (Good idea Joia!) It really helps to remember I am not the only wife doing this residency thing. There are others! There are actually 8 wives in the intern class. However, there are really just 6 of us that are in this sort of core "group." I am so blessed to have such wonderful women to share this three year journey with! It was something I prayed for and something I really needed. One of the other wives, Jodi, also doesn't have children. She and I are the lone "child-free rangers". I am hoping she doesn't decide to get a job! I want her to stay involved with the group. I am also trying to talk the wives into getting a dog. I think I can win Jodi and Joia over. Actually, Joia's easy. They'll have a dog in no-time!

Joia and Tiffany, I need to get a picture of the group from you to share on my blog. I'll try to do that soon.

All right, off to walk with Tiffany!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Yeah !! Thats so great that they have a group- I never had anything like that when Jon was in residency, but the program here
(he just started fellowship) has RSA- Resident spousal Association...for the spouses of residents and fellows (there are even a few men:)) It I think its going to be great- They have women (and a few men) from all areas of life and social events to help meet those needs- Stay involved- it will help you tremendously! Irronically you will find yourself becoming closer friends with people through your husband rather than others because of similar experiences....hang in there- what is he doing his residency in?

Blessings!