Friday, August 03, 2007

He's a what?!

JB just called me from Pensacola. While we are talking, his pager goes off and he picks up another phone while I am waiting on the line. I hear him say, "Yes, this is Dr. Kit."

What?!?!

I mean, well, I think I knew he was a doctor, but it still seemed sooooo weird to hear him say it to someone else. He is Dr. Kit. (or Dr. "K" as some of the people on base call him.)

Weird!

John just finished his one shift and now he will begin another 14 hour shift. He'll get off tomorrow morning. He has 31 people under his care so it is probably doubtful that he'll get much sleep tonight. And then he'll have to drive home. I plan to talk to him throughout the drive home if possible to make sure he is WIDE awake.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Hey I came accross your blog from my cousin Tara....And quite a road you have traveled....I will keep you family in my prayers....This post cought my attention because I have said the same thing about my husband:) He is in his first year of fellowship(we just moved...again...) he did his internal medicine residency in Chicago and I soooo undersntad the long hours, praying they get home without a car accident, and thinking to myself, "oh yeah, he is a Dr...." :) Its sounds funny when you hear it because to you they are just your husband:)