Sunday, August 19, 2007

I love my husband

I love my husband. I just really, really love him. I just love when he is home. I love just hanging out with him. I love falling asleep next to him. I sleep soooo much better when he is there. I think when he isn't there I sleep a bit more guarded, and as a result, just do not sleep well. I also love that last night was my husband's last call night for like three weeks. YES!

John has only been home for about 24 hours, but seriously, it feels like a week! Yesterday while he was taking a long nap trying to recover from call, I went to the grocery store and finally restocked our kitchen.

Did you know that grocery shopping is one of my least favorite activities? Maybe that should have been one of my eight random facts the other day. This is why I miss Super Target so much. That place was great! JB could grocery shop while I wandered around the fun side of the store. Oh well.

Honestly though ... grocery shopping probably parallels with going to the dentist (sorry Rachel.) But going on payday weekend! That's like a root canal or something even worse! Yikes! I was having trouble navigating successfully due to the sheer number of carts present. Unfortunately, I have no idea when payday weekend is to prevent this from occurring in the future. John's pay is still not regulated and normal so payday weekend means very little to me. (How hard is it to get someone's pay correct?!)

However, my jaunt to the Commissary wasn't as painful for one very good reason. I took some recipes from Lesley's blog (Go Les!) This made it much less intimidating to find some meals to make. We'll see how they turn out. Keep these coming Lesley! If you don't know what I am talking about, check out the easy recipe link on the side of Lesley's blog.

John cooked some bratz on the grill (we miss Minnesota and the Sviggum farm!) while I put together some fruit salad. Folks, if you don't know the secret to great fruit salad let me tell you -- it is one raspberry yogurt. Put any fruit you want in with one raspberry yogurt and you've got a fantastic fruit salad. We had blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and grapes. It was great! While we ate our dinner we watched the movie Nowhere in Africa. Has anyone seen this movie? I think I liked it, but definitely cannot recommend it. It was beautiful and interesting but quite strange. Anyone agree (or disagree?)

We took a break midway through the movie to take Scrubs on a hike near the Commissary. If you didn't know it my dear local blog readers, there's a great hiking, walking trail just before you get to the Commissary area. Scrubs loved it! JB and I also enjoyed it. John would come back anytime with the dog. I don't think I would come unless JB was with me. The woods freak me out a bit. Maybe I'll go without JB when my dog is a bit bigger.

We returned and finished our movie while Scrubs fell asleep on the couch and JB and I ate some milk and cookies. Well, JB drank the milk. Those of you who know me well know that milk is not something I enjoy drinking straight. I can do it in cereal but not just in a glass.

Anyways, what a fun night!!! I love my husband and love when my husband is home.

5 comments:

The Ray Family said...

HEy Wendi-

Veronica and I were watching women's beach volleyball. You remind us A LOT of Karrie Walsh. We miss you guys. Maybe we can plan to visit in the spring. We have a lot of things to plan for the fall/winter season. We bith live in a vacation destination so the visit will be nice wherever we meet.

RR

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ronnie, I have heard that multiple times ... dozens actually. I think it's okay with me -- she's pretty in shape! :)

Anonymous said...

well wen, that is one thing we do NOT have in common --i LOVE grocery shopping -in fact i don't enjoy most other kinds of shopping except cards and groceries -so when i'm stressed i go spend an hour in a grocery store and invariable come home with things we don't need as it's just the two of us --it's my weakness. I'm working on it -i actually kept myself from going to a Farmer's Market i love Friday because i didn't need anything and knew if i went i'd get something(s) i don't need just cuz i love to grocery shop anywhere! How wierd is that -ed thinks he still gets a good deal cuz i usually stay in my budget and it still saves on normal women's "shopping urge" budgets...

AW said...

Wendi, I love hearing how in love you are with JB. So cool to me that after all this time you guys still seem like newlyweds. I hope Neil and I are like that as we're married longer.

yuan family said...

Wendi,
You should check out the blog that some of us girls put together with our recipes: http://whatsfordindin.blogspot.com/ It's got some good recipes too! By the way, going to the grocery store is something that I do not enjoy either...