Sunday, November 12, 2006

Peace

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26 (courtesy of Tante Jan)

I have been so blessed by the amazing peace the Lord has brought to me during this time. As promised, JB continues to plan each day with an activity to help reinforce our sense of peace. Since this is "Dedication Sunday" at our church we wouldn't be attending church this week. We have always taken a Sunday off of church on Dedication Sunday and Mother's Day. Despite all our peace, we thought this was still a good idea.

We thought about going to Berean with our friends the Jones or the Philips, however, both couples are out of town. So, last night we went to a mass at the beautiful chapel in St. Mary's hospital. Afterward, we moved up to the front, sat and prayed, and just talked. We were the only one's there. It was so wonderful. We then came home, watched a movie, and JB made a great Mexican meal -- something we don't eat very often.

I am so amazed at how wonderful the peace of the Lord can be in your life. Even more than that, I am amazed what it feels like to really trust the Lord. I can honestly say, for the first time in my entire life, that no matter how this turns out, we are okay. I trust that HE has a PERFECT plan. And why wouldn't I want that perfect plan to come to pass in my life?

Each night JB and I pray together for our two babies carefully placed in my womb. We pray that they are still kicking and thriving away inside my womb. Each night we thank the Lord for the ability to have these two children with us, and we ask that He allows them to stay for nine months and for our lifetime! We are excited and trusting in the Lord -- that he is in control and a presence in our life.

My new friend Jenny is a friend of a friend. Her husband is a fighter pilot (I think that is the correct term) at Eglin Air Force Base, and we met for dinner while we were there. She had a prayer given to her when she was going through her years of infertility (she is now expecting through IVF!) She has passed this prayer along to me and promised to pray it for me.

When I awaken in the night I pray for you, and during times of the day when I see little ones and families I pray for you. I will tell you that from the beginning of all this, I have envisioned your womb -- as a safe receiving place. Even before we knew it would go this way, my visualization during prayer has been and is a "welcoming womb." Thus, this day is the day I have really been praying for all along. I DO believe your womb will be a safe and wondrous place these next nine months. Are you prepared for more than one Kit.? In addition to your womb -- I have had the strongest sense that PRAISE and thanksgiving are the vehicle that would usher in this answer to prayer. Praise is what we offer to our great God that in essence affirms that we believe Him and His word more than the circumstances. Life on this earth can be confusing--and painful. I see that you two have persisted in trusting God through the darkness and tortuous years of wanting and waiting. I know and believe it will be honored. Just think that Abraham and Sarah had to wait a very long time too. And, the Israelites left slavery for many years of wandering ... I see great Godly people in the Bible whose prayer answers came in unexpected ways ... and this is how it has been for you two too. I look so forward to hearing how this is all unfolding ....

I love this little passage and thank Jenny so much for sharing it with me.

I also wanted to tell all of you that were praying for Joanna the good news. She is PREGNANT! her BETA was 177. This is a pretty high number. She had three transferred so we just have to wait to see how many little ones stuck around. Congrats Joanna. What a great blessing.

Thank you all for your notes and encouragement. The morning of our transfer, we opened the front door to find a bag with goodies and a card hanging on the door. Another blessing and reminder that people are thinking of us. We are so blessed and so enjoying this time of waiting and prayer together.

I wish I could go back and have done the previous cycles feeling like I do now, but I realize that our Christian life is a journey, and we must work through that journey and grow. I have grown and can't wait to watch in which direction I continue to grow.

Blessings friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you always make me cry, but these tears of joy as I read...thank you for sharing your journey of life and faith so intimately with us...not all of us know how to do that well with others...it is your gift -to so many...
you are such a gifted beautiful writer too....
i love you honey, and your honey! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great entry! I'm so glad you are enjoying the peace of being in God's will and trusting Him to work His plan out in your life.

Thanks also for the congrats~it means a lot. Makes it real, you know? I still can't believe it...

Joanna

Anonymous said...

You both are, and continue to be, inspirations to me. I have learned so much about faith from you and I, too, have only been blessed by sharing in some of your peace. Love you-

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

WE LOVE YOU TARA!