Friday, November 17, 2006

Keep the faith!

"I read something about fear once, how it's a lot like faith except with a different object of focus. With faith, your confidence is in God, acknowledging that he has ultimate control of your situation. With fear,you've put something else on the throne of your life, giving the control that's supposed to be God's over to something else." -- Harry Kraus, MD.

My wonderful friend Rachel sent me that quote yesterday, and I think it is just very appropriate for the attitude I am attempting to have. It's not an easy attitude to maintain, and you better have some strong people around you to remind you it's the right attitude. My husband, is, one of those strong people. Lying awake long into the night (maybe that's why I am so tired), helping me keep my focus and remain faithful when your body and mind is weary. (JB argued that the brain itself cannot get weary. I'm wondering if I just have a sub-par brain! Ha!)

Looking forward to finishing off this conference today and having a relaxing weekend. Plan to watch some football with the Jones on Saturday and have a "going away/birthday" brunch for Tara on Sunday. Sheis getting ready to spend like, FOREVER, travelling the country (and the world) on her medical school interviews.

Actually, that is what most of JB's classmates are currently preparing to do. They now start flying all over the country, interviewing, and trying to rank, in order, the schools, they want to attend. John, on the other hand, is in a different boat. He is simply waiting for the Air Force's decision. The only way he would join the interview pool is if they gave him a civilian residency. John actually has a bunch of interviews lined up. However, those interviews will be held after December -- after the Air Force tells him what he is doing. If the Air Force tells him he is going to Destin or Illinois, he will have to cancel those interviews.

Oh, and, just to let you know, once again, we are not giving the exact date of our blood test. Most of you probably know it especially those of you who have done IVF (or who just analyze everything like Gabbi). That's fine. We just want to be able to report the news (good news of course!) in our own way. So it is sometime next week. I promise. But when .... hmmm ... stay tuned to find out.

4 comments:

Gabbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabbs said...

Hey, no fair. Why do I always get pointed out? I can't help if I have beauty AND brains. :)

love ya wen

Anonymous said...

wen,
i am (my heart, my prayers are) with you as you wait. so many are! hang on to that hon!
when you're brain gets tired (sorry John) feel free to tell youself someone else is 4 sure thinking about it all for you and praying and holding you up, so you get a pass on being strong all the time...we'll be strong for you some of the time...let us bring you close to Jesus thru our prayers, like the friends carrying the stretcher thru the roof 2 him in the gospels....
oh, Uncle Ed finds episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies helpful when his brain (sorry again john) needs a rest !:)you actually don't feel like you have a brain when you're done! :)
xo Tante Jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tante Jan, this is so comforting. This is such a great image for me to have when I get disheartened. Thanks so much!