Monday, November 20, 2006

Sorry Mr. M.

There is this elderly gentleman that lives in our building. Well, who am I kidding. That describes most of the people in our building. However, Mr. M. is one of my favorites. He is nearly blind, and I have to stand very close to him so that he recognizes me before he will say hi and start a conversation. We have some good conversations don't get me wrong. But he usually likes to talk a long time (mostly about his time in the Canadian Air Force). I like to talk to him, but today, I have such a headache, that I had to slip past him without him seeing me. I feel bad sneaking past a delightful blind guy. I really do! But this is just proof of the extent of my headache.

The headache has now been present since Friday afternoon. No migraine. I had one of those Tuesday that I caught before it got too bad -- but just a continual headache. Right now, remember, I am assumed pregnant (until proven otherwise). I therefore can only take a little Tylenol. If my pregnancy test comes back positive, they may be able to prescribe something safe. If it is negative, I can use ibuprofen which balanced with the Tylenol, is usually strong enough.

Headaches. Good sign or bad sign? Fatigue. Good sign or bad sign. You see where I am going with this. Every "sign" can be interpreted two ways -- PMS or pregnancy. So instead, I will simply wait this out, keep the faith, stay positive, and dodge blind men to avoid any conversations.

Man I feel bad about that.

No comments: