Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More cuteness and thankfulness

Well, like always, all I can say is thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and encouragement so many of you have extended to JB and me through this blog and email since yesterday afternoon. We, as always, are so blessed to have so many wonderful people, some of them people we have never met, following us as we walk down this road. It makes the walk not seem quite so tiring. JB forwards me any emails he receives, and I, likewise. So we both see what you have all encouraged us with.

Dr. C. called me yesterday around 4:00 pm, but I had gone out for a run. It was 47 degrees, and my exercise-restriction had been, obviously, eliminated, so I attempted a fairly-pitiful jog. Dr. C called me back this morning, and we decided to proceed with another transfer on January 18th. We will attempt to dethaw and transfer 3 of our remaining 10 sticky babies. We will also use "assisted hatching." There is a reason behind transferring 3, waiting until January, and using assisted hatching, but all of these items deserve more time and energy (and John-edits) than I am currently able to give, so for now, I will just leave it at that. Stay tuned for further explanation and an answer to your questions sometime in the future.

For now, I should briefly let you know that we are both very sad, very weary, but very much in love with each other and the Lord. Our faith in Him has not even slightly been shaken. During the last few days as I prayed each day for a "yes" or a "no", the only thing I definitely "heard" was "Trust Me." I know His plan for my life is the best plan, and we have to trust that His plan will work its way out in our lives.

As always, the doctors believe we will one day get pregnant through IVF. However, as always, the question comes down to, how many times you try before you say, "that's enough." For now, that answer has been made for us. We will at least try until our remaining sticky babies have been given a shot at joining us in this world. After that, who knows. Even if we quit doing IVF, we will never stop praying that the Lord blesses us with a biological child -- we know he doesn't need IVF to do that, but of course, can use IVF.

Anyways, leave it to JB to try to cheer me up today with photos. He also blessed me with my favorite Indian meal last night! I really love my husband.

I wish all of you a great Thanksgiving. My blog had more hits yesterday than it has ever gotten! I really appreciate you all checking in on us and caring so much. It means more than words can say.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wendi,
what a powerful message you have sent the rest of us via your blog. it brings tears to my eyes as i read that "my faith has not been shaken." your words have touched me in a very special way. i pray you and john enjoy this holiday together. GOD BLESS YOU.