Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tomorrow's the day

Tomorrow is the harvest? Can you believe it? I can't believe it, and wouldn't believe it if it weren't the fact that my stomach is about to explode! Yikes!

I also had to take my HCG shot at exactly 10:00pm last night. This shot causes the eggs (which are inside the follicles) to start to release. They will release 36 hours after the shot. This would be at about 10am on Monday morning. This is the reason that I am going in at 7am on Monday morning, just when they are about to let go. How amazing is that? It still blows me away that they can do this.
Anyways, the HCG was intramuscular in my thigh. The shot stunk. I did not enjoy it at all. I don't remember my previous HCG shots hurting so badly. This HCG actually causes women to have a positive pregnancy test. The reason is that the HCG they give you to release the eggs is actually the same drug they measure a positive pregnancy test with.

I have been tempted in the past to take a test during the next few days while this HCG is still in my system and before the hopefully new HCG from a pregnancy enters my system just to see two lines on a pregnancy test. I'd like to at least know what that looks like.

In other news:

Today, my mother is hosting an open house for my brother and his fiancee'. I wish I could have been there. They are also going to ask my niece, Grace, to be the flower girl. Grace is obsessed with weddings, and I so wish I could see her face when they ask her! Grace's mom (Gabbi) was on the phone with my soon to be sister-in-law AD the other day. When she got off the phone, Grace asked Gabbi who she was talking to, and when Gabbi said it was Keith and AD, Grace immediately asked who their flower girl was going to be! Of course, Gabbi didn't tell her in order to preserve the surprise.

I also wanted to share some pictures from our night of bowling on Friday night. It was organized through our Bible Study, the CMDA. Well, I didn't bowl as I am currently focusing on walking, but everyone else did. So here they are. You can see even better pictures on Kristen's blog.

Tara, Setty, Wendi, Lesley, Kristen and Cole

Dave, Santiago, Brandon, Setty, JB, and Justin. Setty is with the men because she beat every single one of them with her 152! Go Setty!


Lelsey and Kristen


Setty and Justin


Cole and Tara


I also wanted to introduce an amazing game to you. It is called 20Q. 20Q: The Little Ball That Will Beat You At 20 Questions. Cole brought this game with him to the Bowling Alley. This thing is amazing. Brandon picked "Scalpel" and 20 questions later, up it came on the screen.

Now it is not right all the time. I picked "fuzz" and it finally guessed "booger", but about 80% of the time, the machine is right. Quite an amazing time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we're praying....
i was wishing for you to get to be at that shower too...i'm so happy your mom can do this with/for AD...and that we'll see pics on the blog...
meantime all our thought will be with you as we wake up tomorrow
with love Tante Jan