Sunday, October 08, 2006

Karuna hangs out with Wendi


Friday afternoon, Karuna came to play at our house while her mother, Melissa, and one month old baby brother Luke, got to rest. JB was off that afternoon so we grabbed some lunch at a Thai restaurant and then I brought Karuna over. There actually wasn't much playing that went on as Karuna asked me to put on the Veggie Tales sing along video and fell asleep for TWO HOURS! When she got up, we read some of the many books she brought.

Karuna is talking like crazy! She repeats EVERYTHING you say. She is also the most independent child I have ever met. I made the mistake of picking her up to put her in carseat and she became beside herself with emotion. This passes quickly, but she is determined to do everything on her own. This is why Melissa says that she has learned to only fight the big battles and allow Karuna to make her own decisions. These decisions may include different color shoes or clothes that don't match. I can completely see why this would be the case.

Karuna saw all the pictures of people on my screen saver and kept asking where she was. So we decided to take her picture and add her to the screensaver. This satistifed her and cookie monster.

Last night (Saturday) we went and heard Karuna's dad Christo speak at Berean church. He did a great job! We then got a quick bit to eat at Noodles and headed home to finish a movie we had started that afternoon: The Core. I do not recommend it. Not very good. Fairly corny. After that, JB left for the ER. He is now home, asleep, as of 9:00 a.m. He told me if he felt he had enough steam, we could go to church this morning, but it looks like he is down for the count. These overnight call dates are rather difficult.

If he goes to Eglin, they actually do two straight weeks per year of overnight call. Most residents prefer this as you get it over and done with in one fell swoop. I told JB that if I am home working, I am going to just switch my sleep schedule when he does this. It's dumb for me to go to bed when he leaves and get up when he goes to bed. You get to spend like four hours together before you are ready for bed again, and he is still wide awake cuz he has spent the last two nights staying awake.

In other news, I wanted to ask you to remember my buddy Kristi in prayer this next month. Kristi is now about 6 weeks from being ready to deliver little Raylee. Unfortunately, the doctors are worried about a tumor in the placenta that may force an early delivery. Raylee is currently three pounds, so of course we want her to get to stay with Kristi and grow more. Please pray for peace for Kristi during these next few weeks.

I, also, start my prometrium pills this evening. These pills are relatively harmless. They cause extreme diziness thus they must be taken just prior to slipping into bed. These aren't just with me, the bottle is covered with warning levels about the dizzy effects. In edition, they can also generate a migraine, but usually only one, which is manageable. Last cycle, I didn't have any which was great. I will start the Lupron shots in about 7 days. I'll keep you posted, of course.

No comments: