Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Friday folks

It's been a rough week. Between JB's schedule being so erratic and me not feeling well, it's been tough to keep everything together. However, he is getting ready for his last week on Emergency Medicine, and I am coming out of this bad cold. I also cleaned the bathroom on Thursday afternoon so life is coming together.

Do you know how hard it is to get out of bed when it is still dark outside? I'm not sure what is worse ... that my ears now hurt every time I go outside (is it already time for my hat?) or that it is pitch dark when the alarm goes off and nearly the same when I make my way back home at 4:30. Yuck. It was worse when I taught in St. Charles. Dark when I drove in. Dark when I drove home. It is wonderful that it is nearly 11:00 in the summer before darkness sets in. But 4:30 is entirely too early.

This should be a nice weekend. Tomorrow, JB has off on the same day that I have off so we are going to probably go to a local apple orchard (if they are not frozen), pick some apples, and make some apple sauce and maybe do some baking. This should be fun. We'll also go to church tomorrow evening as JB has to work on Sunday.


Tonight we are going to go meet with this local acupuncturist. He is actually located about one block from our house. We are going to discuss the possibilities of doing acupuncture in conjunction with IVF. I posted a comment about acupuncture on my infertility discussion board online (Hannah's Prayer) and was dumbfounded by how many women had done it with success (or done it and simply appreciated the relaxation it brought). I am not looking at this as the magic cure. However, I do think it may help me relax, and JB was impressed that two of the studies actually used a placebo. This means that they everyone in the study actually had acupuncture done, but the people that had it done correctly still saw an increase in pregnancy rates (meaning the success can't be mental). This is a huge indicator that there is some benefit to the use of acupuncture. Actually, as I understand it, the Chinese use acupuncture and herbs as one of the first-lines of treatment for infertility. It would be something we could try to use somewhere down the road when we are done with IVF either after having a biological child/ren or not. I'll let you know after out appointment this evening what else we find out.

We went to the Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA) Bible Study last night. It is one of the first times we have been able to go this year because of John's unfortunate schedule. It was great to return. It's always a great study and at least a decent meal.


I also learned that yesterday on my blog, some people were purposely posting anonymously because they were embarrassed by their answers. So the question is, what was their embarrassing guess? Was it passing guess or using the bathroom with the door open? HA HA HA! (Not sharing any names here of course.) If you have no idea what I am talking about, check the comments from yesterday's blog. I'm still trying to figure out what this anonymous person who posted anonymously ... gave for an embarrassing guess. Hmmmm ....

Right now, it is 6:55 a.m. on Friday morning, and JB has already headed off to the clinic for his shift. I suppose I will need to wear a hat today on my way to work. It is 33 degrees and supposed to snow again today.

Not complaining. Just sharing facts folks. Cold hard facts.

No comments: