Monday, October 02, 2006

Grant day is here

Today is the day the grant is due, so by the time I get home tonight, the grant will be done. It has to be done. The deadline set by the NIH is not flexible! It was a long weekend. I worked each morning for 3-4 hours and then each evening for 3-4 hours. JB came with me some in the evening and read and talked to me a bit. It was nice to have someone with me. It can get lonely in that big building.

Oh, also, it looks like today, the Polar North will get its 20,000th visitor. Now no cheating and repeat hitting, but go ahead and scroll to the bottom and see what hit number you are! If you are 20,000, post a comment and let me know. You can join Matt K. in the 10,000th club as he was visitor number 10,000! Congrats! Hopefully we will know who you are. If each visitor checks the bottom today, we should know.

Hopefully JB will get his camping pictures soon.

5 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

I'm 19,945 at 8:24 a.m. CST. Maybe I won't be #20,000, but I guess that person will show up around 10:45 a.m. CST. Game on!

Amy T. S. said...

Now I'm 19,997 at 3:22 CT! I promise I've only been back 2ce to see, Wendi!

Anonymous said...

I am 20,001 (and no, I did not artificially elevate this!) :)

Anonymous said...

what bottom?
am I my mother's daughter or what?! :)
Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Oh I figured it out
i'm 20,059.
So we will never know who 20,000 is!!
Jan