Monday, April 17, 2006

IVF officially begins

Well, JB gave me my first shot of Lupron this morning. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, it is below a 1. Diabetic needles . . . I seriously wouldn't have known he gave me a shot unless he told me he did. He tried to show me how to do it in case he is on call one evening. I tried to watch but still don't feel confident. I am thinking I will be knocking on Dave & Lesley's door if JB is not available. Not to keen on giving myself a shot.

So I take this shot for two weeks. However, Friday I enter stage 2 when I go off the birth control pills.

My first ultrasound to make sure that my ovaries are officially "suppressed" will probably fall on Monday or Tuesday of next week. The biggest thing I would like you to pray for right now is that when I go in for the ultrasound, they will find everything as it should be. If for any reason my ovaries aren't completely suppressed, they will send me home for a month and probably put me back on the pill for a month. So this is not something I want to have happen.

In addition, I got a call from the nurse that they also want to do a "cervical dilation" when I go in for this ultrasound and blood draw next week. I am not sure what this is. I askd her if it hurt and she said, "I don't think so." Ummm, that doesn't bring me much comfort. Apparently they want to do this because when they fit for me for the catheter that is used during the surgery, they had trouble getting a good fit so the dilation will help "free up" space. Like I said, I really am not sure to the details, but pray that this isn't too bad.

I'll be in touch. This evening, Ajit and the Jones, and maybe Tara are coming over to watch 24 and eat some leftovers (we have a lot as usual.)

I may update again this evening. During our IVF journey, I am sure I will be updating more often as I have more info.

No comments: