Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bit o' Florida & Boredom

The picture above is of "Headquarters Air Armament Center Family Medicine Residency". This would be the hospital that JB would work at if we decide to go to Eglin Air Force Base. Some of you have asked if we have made any new decisions since I posted and asked for everyone's advice.

Right now, I think we are leaning toward Florida. I think it was my Aunt Linda who said that the money we "don't make" on our condo will easily be made up during the three years increased salary in Florida. Our other two big reasons are the weather and being closer to our family. It may be an entire year before I get to see my niece Grace again, and I think that is way too long. Nine hours is still far but would at least create 1 or 2 more visits each year while we are there.

Of course, John isn't assured a spot at Eglin. We think he would have a good chance, but they could end up sending him to another Air Force base. Our second favorite Air Force base is in Southern Illinois (please don't prononounce the 's').

The picture below is where the base is actually located in comparison to all of Florida.


If you want, you can visit the
Eglin website to see it all for yourself, up close and personal-like.

If you are bored and want to try something kind of fun, take a look at this website JB sent me last night while he was on call: Escapa. The best score I was able to get was a 23.4. Can anyone beat that? Apparently they say that Air Force pilots are supposed to be able to last for two minutes. It's pretty easy to play and a great time-waster.

Speaking of wasting time, do you know that there is actually a website called Bored.com. They advise you to visit because "twiddling your thumbs can cause sores."

Another random thing I must note. I nearly had a heart attack last night. The people with the lowest votes on American Idol caused Gabbi and I (who were on IM together) to nearly strangle the television. My favorite, Chris, and my least favorite, Ace (I'm in love with my face) were the bottom two. Thank goodness it was Ace whom we said good bye to. I don't think I would have continued to watch had we said goodbye to Chris in exchange for the pretty boy. I am not a pretty boy fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I think you're being to harsh on Ace. A person can't help it if God made them gorgeous, and you have to admit, he is a doll. Now maybe you've seen something about him that I have missed. I don't get to see all the episodes. In the talent department, I can see why he went. Although, I probably would have gotten rid of Kelly first. Her talent is comparable to Ace's, but her cutesy putesy (sp?) dumb southern blonde attitude makes me embarassed for her. In my humble opinion, I think Kat and Chris will be the final 2. Aunt Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh man Linda, I hate to say I don't agree ... my sister-in-law Gabbi agrees and I got an email from my friend Rachel saying the same thing. The guy SMILES like "I know I am God's gift to women." He has made numerous references to his muscles and the fact that women everywhere love him. His cockiness wears me out.

As for Kelly, her southern ditziness is adorable to me especially because she hadn't left her home turn one time (population in the hundreds) before she turned 16. It is legit and genuine and charming.

Okay, but that's why we live in America right. Different opinions. I will say I agree with you on Chris and Katherine. They are our favorites (mine is Chris, JB's is Katherine.)