Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Colors

Happy Easter everyone. Both churches by our house played their bells at sunrise today. I thought it was very touching. And very loud at six a.m. Twenty-one "gongs" each. Not sure what the significance of twenty-one was? They also played them again at eight. Either way, the bells did what they were intended to do. They reminded us that today, the tomb was empty. Jesus is risen!

Okay, so let's just get this out of the way since everyone gave me such a bad wrap for missing church on Palm Sunday. We are not skipping church this morning. Well, technically we are, but we actually went to church yesterday evening. Our pastor asked that people without guests attending try to come on Saturday evening -- so that was us. Saturday evening is also easier on me when I am struggling with our infertility as there are a lot less children present in service. It seems on Sunday morning, that no matter where we sit, some mother with her brand new little newborn decides that right next to Wendi is the best place in church for her! Anyway, sorry for the digression. As I was saying, we went last night to make room for all the "once-a-year-church-goers" this morning. Even with adding a service this morning, Christ Community will be really struggling to fit everyone today.

We have had a wonderful weekend. Friday, we did as promised from our infertility medicine savings and went to Jenpachi Japanese Steakhouse (where they cook your food in front of you). We came home to watch Ben Hur on Netflix (I have never seen it and JB says this is a travesty), only to discover that CD #1 was cracked. So we settled for some Transporter movie -- a British James Bond. I wasn't overly impressed.

Saturday JB was working most of the morning to finish up the bathroom before our slew of Easter guests this afternoon. Our friend Tara emailed me and asked if we wanted to go to a small zoo and nature area in Byron, about 20 minutes from here after lunch. We jumped right on that and spent the afternoon in Byron. I have pictures but have decided to download all our weekend pictures later this evening.

Last night I played some spades with my dad online while JB worked on the bathrooms some more and also worked on his lamb and ham for our Easter meal today.

Speaking of our Easter meal -- we are having a large group of people today. I really have no idea how to fit everyone. I think there will end up being over 20 people, mainly from our Bible Study at the Medical and Dental Association on Thursday nights. I will post some pictures of that as well. We have so many friends who, like us, have no family here. So we all get together with each other instead. Most of these people I now consider family so I guess it is the same thing.

This morning we are getting things ready to have everyone over but took some time to dye some Easter eggs. I haven't done that since I was like, five. It was great fun. Great idea JB!

Okay, gotta get to work around my house. As I said, I'll post again later tonite with pictures from the whole weekend. So tune in later for more.

P.S. Oh and my migraines have been much better since grama prayed yesterday. I have also been on tylenol with codeine nearly continually. As I mentioned, this makes me very loopy. However, I am getting used to the loopy feeling and kind of enjoying it. John says this a problem. I don't really see how it is. :)


P.S.S. Had to give a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a bunch of people today. My cousins Justin and Jason are celebrating today as is my goddaugther Grace (your gift is in the mail!). In addition, I believe today is an old high school friend: Susie Goodfellow? Don't ask me how I remember that. I think because April 16th seems to be the birthdate of everyone I know. Also, Brant James VanWyck, son of Roy and Joan VanWyck, was born today in 1983. He passed away in 1989.
Happy birthday everyone. Anyone else celebrating today?


* * * * * * * * * * *

Days until I start Lupron: 1

Days until I go off birth control pills:5

Days until I start stims: 12

1 comment:

suebaby said...

Wendi!

I am touched that you remembered my birthday... well, you were close anyway (it was actually April 9)... thanks for the birthday wishes... it made me think of old birthday parties... remember your bowling birthday party? I think we were in fourth or fifth grade... anyway, thanks for thinking of me!