Sunday, April 16, 2006

Snapshots of Spring

Well now that it is Sunday night and the weekend is coming to a close, here are some promised pictures from our weekend.
On Saturday afternoon we went to a tiny zoo in Byron with Tara. It was a wonderful day to enjoy the beautiful weather.
I really did not know that wolves were so big.

I also did not know how big a turkey could get to impress a female (notice the impressed female off to the right. )

JB overheard a mother telling her child, "Let's go see the skunks." These animals, while black and white, were definitely bigger than the average skunk. Hence the reason they are not skunks, but goats.


John, as usual, quickly makes friends with a goat. (Not that JB makes friends often with goats. I just meant that he always gets along well with animals. Okay, this is coming out all wrong) ... anyways shortly after this picture was taken, a little girl came up and asked JB how he got the goats to lick his hand. He showed her how to pick up a little grass and feed the big skunk. She got a real kick out of it.


JB and Tara feeding the big skunks.

This pony shared a pen with a donkey and definitely ran the show. JB found a hoof that had been clipped and asked me if I wanted a pony toenail for my scrapbook. I, obviously, declined.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck ...


Talking to Ajit. HI AJIT!!!!

Don't you agree that this is the perfect tree for a photo? JB thought my choice was fairly random. I, however, still consider it the perfect spot for a picture of the two of us. We were glad to have Tara along so we could get one picture of the two of us. Ever since we got our digital camera, without a timer, we have so few pictures of both of us together. So here's one, under the perfect tree.


Taking a picture of a picture isn't always advisable, but I think it works. I found this photo of my dad and my brother making Easter eggs. This picture was probably around 1983 or 1984 which makes my dad about 35 years old. Spring chick!


Speaking of dying eggs -- JB and I dyed our own eggs today. This photo produced a lecture. JB said I must stop, "taking pictures of every mundane activity he produces with the excuse that they are 'for the blog'." I replied that I wanted to show everyone his artistic talent. Either way, I got the photo and now it is on my blog.


Okay, here's some pictures from our Easter gathering. From left: Dave, JB, Melissa, and Christo.

Hunter Ray, Ron Ray, and some chick with a hair cut from who knows where. Just kidding: that's Veronica. So what do YOU GUYS think of the haircut? I wasn't so sure about it, but maybe it will grow on me. Of course, Veronica is beautiful no matter what. And no surprise that English, once again, was at work instead of visiting us.

Here's Sujit Itty (Ajit's brother), Lesley, and Cole Ray.


Karuna scavenging for food (and money from Tara's wallet). Karuna was convinced that her parents were going to leave her at our house when they came over. She was also on one of her "eat everything in site days." Karuna either eats NOTHING or eats EVERYTHING in site. Tonite, it was the latter.

Here's Brandon Yuan (from Bible Study) with Ebby and Cole, and Brandon's sister Joy who was in town visiting.

Brandon's wife, Kristen. Kristen and Brandon are great new friends from Bible Study. Brandon is currently a first year at Mayo. Anyways ... from left, Kristen, Lesley, Tara, and Brandon with Karuna getting out of dodge.

So that's how we spent our weekend. Just wanted to remind everyone -- I start Lupron shots tomorrow morning and go off the BCPs on Friday morning. JB and I just went over the entire schedule. While a lot of it is still "touch and go" it appears that we should be doing our retrieval (when they go and get the eggs) around May 10th, and we should find out the results around my birthday, May 22nd. It doesn't look like we will be able to go to Matt's graduation, but we just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

Also, about the Lupron. I found out that Lupron is used to treat prostate cancer and endometriosis (hence the reason is it covered under insurance). So it doesn't appear that this was an error. It appears that $15 it is. Hurrah!

No comments: