Thursday, April 06, 2006

Random thoughts

Okay, my head is often random. Here is what is randomly in it right now.

American Idol. Very disappointed that Mandisa is gone. Although I don't vote so Ryan Seacrest told me I can't complain if I don't vote. But really. Please America (those of you who do vote), can you please vote off "Ace I'm-in-love-with-own-face Young". He drives me crazy. So long Mandisa. I thought you definitely should have stayed longer than Ace.

Okay, speaking of American Idol, Kenny Rogers made a guest appearance. Have you all seen him recently? Take a look yourself at his picture from years ago and then take a look at the current picture and tell me if you don't see something fishy? What did happen to Kenny Roger's face?

Speaking of TV, since my thoughts often run in themes, and tomorrow night is Survivor, I am also upset about Survivor right now. Unfortunately, the group I don't like has the edge, and it appears that they are going to knock my favorites off one by one. This sucks! I cannot bear to watch Shane through the entire show. He drives me crazy too. Maybe even more than Ace.

I was relieved recently to discover (while I am still on the theme of TV) that they took the show Inconceivable off the air. Set in a fertility clinic, the first shows featured couples who got the wrong embryos on accident and doctors volunteering to do the impregnating. (I didn't watch it. This was a review I read.) Needless to say, my infertile circle was not very happy with this. I sent a letter and so did some other people and it's gone. Not sure if it was the letters, but I am happy nonetheless.

Speaking of letters ... I'm not sure if I should write another one, but they have posted a note that they have decided (after much discussion) to close down our hot tub for good. Again, not happy about this. Currently the notice is very small. I am just waiting for one of the older people in our building who don't give a crap what anyone thinks to see this note and draw attention to it. JB said he should actually highlight it just want to watch the fireworks go off. I'll keep you posted on this. Right now the closing date is May 1st. This currently doesn't bother us much. Neither of us are allowed in the hot tub via doctor's orders until after IVF. However, once IVF is over, I would like to return. Alas ...

Jb has been on Spring Break this week and has been working on our bathrooms. You should see what he is doing! Actually, I think I will show you what he is doing sometime soon with some pictures on my blog.

Did you know that yesterday at 1:02:03 it was actually 1:02:03 04/05/06. Kathleen sent this to me yesterday. This is the only time that this will ever happen. Quite interesting.

Okay, and my countdown. I'm going to keep that going as well. It looks even better today.

Days until I start Lupron: 11

Days until I go off birth control pills:15

Days until I start stims: 22

4 comments:

Gabbs said...

Hey Wen,
Hate to burst your bubble, however 1:02:03 4/5/06 will happen again in 100 years (2106). Actually twice, am and pm.

-Ray

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Gabs, they aren't gonna call 2106 06 are they? They will have to call it something else.

Gabbs said...

How about in 1000 years 3006?

Gabbs said...

That was my dear hubby Ray.....not me. Just for the record.