Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pre-Race Day

Today Lee took Kristi and I out and gave me a quick 101 on how to ride a bike. Well, I know how to ride a bike but all the gears and the brakes and those types of things, that, I am clueless about.

Lee has been so wonderful. He spent nearly the entire day working on our bikes and helping get us ready for the race. And he and Kristi have been preparing long before I came into town as well. He does Ironman races (and actually wins them!) so he is a pro at these things.

We will leave the house at 5:30 tomorrow morning for the one hour drive to Albuquerque. Our race is at 8am. Many poor pictures and details to come. The weather looks like it is going to cooperate. The elevation, well, that is still to be determined.

I am so excited to do this with Kristi! I am so much less nervous with her and Lee showing me the ropes. Yipeeee! Race day is almost here.

4 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

GOod luck and have FUN!!

Mom said...

So EXCITING!!!!!!! Cant wait to hear all about it! :)

yuan family said...

Good luck. You will do great!

camfox said...

Fun Wendi. I agree. Having a friend to race with makes a huge difference. I'm happy for you. Looking forward to all the details!