Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thighs and buns

Are you even slightly curious as to where I am going to go with this post?

My mother will be mortified I am writing this, but we all need a good laugh sometimes. And I know she would understand if I let us all laugh at her expense.

Elijah has become obsessed with my mother's, well . . . I tried to think of a more discreet way to say this as I prepared to write this blog, but I can't come up with a more discreet way to say "thighs." He's become obsessed with her thighs.

My mom retold an event from this past weekend. While doing the laundry in her t-shirt and shorts, Eljiah came up behind her and attempted to take a fist-full out of her thigh. First one thigh and then the other. Over and over again. I had a good laugh at this visual.

The laughing continued later this evening when Elijah approached my mom while she was folding laundry in the living room. She was wearing a t-shirt and shorts again and suddenly he came up and just started trying to take a fistful of her leg off again. My Mom tried to keep a serious face as she told Elijah this wasn't proper behavior but neither of us could control ourselves as his chubby little hands tried to squeeze her leg over and over again. He then started giggling with us. He was so cute and so determined.

My mom says that she thinks this is because she is "fluffier" than me. She said she thinks this is why Isaac will snuggle with her more than he will JB or me. She said that she thinks that Elijah isn't used to seeing "fluffy" thighs. My mom has lost 30 pounds in the last year so "fluffy" is no longer a fair description.

Either way, Elijah is quite obsessed with my mom's legs.

I've told her she may have to wear pants. Even in this south Florida heat.

Okay so that is the "thigh" story.

As for the "buns", that one actually has to do with Scrubs.

Aaaaah Scrubs. This is the longest we have ever left him for. And I really miss him. JB actually admitted that he misses him too. That the house is just too quiet without him there. He is at dog camp for the weeks we are gone, and today I made my second call to check on him.

Pat informed me that Scrubs had gotten bitten in the leg after he attempted to, ummmm, mount another dog. She said he is fine. The wound is cleaned and he is on antibiotics. He and the dog are friends again.

This behavior by our spotted pal didn't surprise me. Scrubs will often attempt this behavior and fail to heed the warnings of another dog when they try to tell him that they don't appreciate his actions. Yes, he is fixed, but for some reason, he still sometimes feels the need to jump on.

While he doesn't "hump" people often, it does happen on occasion. Pat informed me that it happened last week. A friend of her's came to visit and Scrubs went to introduce himself. The woman was wearing shorts and, well, apparently Scrubs pulled her shorts down!

I apologized profusely to Pat who said that while she tried to scold him, she couldn't help just rolling in laughter. Either could her friend. "It was naughty," she said. "But it was soooo funny!'

Thigh grabbing and pants pulling.

Good times.

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

That reminds me of Scrubs & his love of my black yoga pants...do you remember that from when I came to visit?! Too funny! :-)

Joia said...

Wendi! You need to keep the dudes in your family in order! LOL! =0)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!! This was too funny!! I guess I should be HAPPY THAT didnt happen to me last week when I visited!!? Not enough time spent for him to discover mine! Diane, if thats what we need to have our sweet kiddos borrow in, then so be it!! My little Ashley is the best snuggle-bunny ever!! And I savor every single moment. Sometimes I sit and look at them and see then as college kids and wonder if I will be able to remember when they liked to snuggle on my lap!Its one of the best parts of grandparenting!!

By the way, congrats on the race Wen, that is so very cool that you loved it and may do another one real soon! Enjoy!! N

Grama Di said...

E is gonna love that story when he's in Jr Hi or HS. He is soooo funny! Love it!

Carrie said...

My son (who's 10 months old) discovered his great-grandma's wrinkly skin the other day. He kept grabbing the sagging skin on her arm and pulling on it and then looking at her like "woah! how'd you do that?!" too funny.

(Oh, and fixed dogs mount each other - or some lucky people! - as a way of showing dominance.)