Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Joia, have I got a park for you!

Sugar Sand Park in Boca Raton, Florida is like no free community park I have ever seen. Joia, I thought of you immediately! My dear friend Joia, who is always on a quest, and usually a successful one, for a new place for her kiddos to play, would find herself questless after visiting this park. I thought to myself: Wow, if Joia found this park, her search would be over. She'd never have to look for another park again.

My parents took the boys here with Big Keith, AD, and Charleigh while I was out of town. Apparently Isaac went crazy, climbing non-stop and utterly exhausting himself. Yesterday, when I met up with Big Keith and my niece at the park yet again, Isaac was a bit more subdued but still, practically in heaven. "The Science Playground is a tri–level hands–on experience that features many interactive components demonstrating a variety of scientific principles for all ages." It is so cool! I looked at my brother at one point and said, "Where was this type of thing when we were kids?" In one section there were real buttons and wheels and gadgets that made all sorts of noise and made you feel like you were in a space ship. There were rooms full of mirrors and narrow paths that only little people could maneuver through. And slides? Galore! What's even better is that there really isn't anywhere they can fall while climbing and there is only one entrance and exit out of the park! A parents' dream.

I thought of Joia again when after a few minutes in the park I just had to go back to the van and get my camera. I had to capture this thing on film! Here are some pictures of our late morning at the park.












4 comments:

Judy Woodford said...

~~~ only hitch - Boca Raton is just a little tiny drive from where Joia lives = ) it looks amazing!!!

Joia said...

"Envy Green" is NOT looking so good on me right now, Wendi! Wow! Sooo wish we were there with you! =)

I miss you, COME HOME!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joia, your family can come and stay with us anytime and we'll take you to the park:)and we'll get on SKYPE and have a "wish you were here" chat with JB and Wendi and the boys!
mom k

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Wow!