Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Mini" Sprint Triathlon

Today I did some running (2 miles), biking (8 miles), and swimming (300meters). This isn't quite as much as I will be doing just over a week from now, but it was still great to do the three back-to-back to let me see how I will do when I do the race.

My parents live in a wonderful community that has a work-out center and 25meter pool. (It also has a theater and ballroom and shuffle boards and tennis courts and racquetball and canasta classes and a host of other things that I wouldn't really think of doing but are there nonetheless.) I was able to run on the treadmill, jump on a bike, and then drive over to the pool.

Firstly let me say that a 25meter pool (which is what my race will be in) was tons easier than the 50meter pool I swim at back at Eglin. Something about not being able to stop for double-the-distance just feels so much harder.

Secondly let me say that I feel like I found my calling. Just running is kind of boring to me now. Being able to switch it up is so much more fun. And swimming feels so good. I am really excited about my triathlon and also excited about my exercise future being able to incorporate all three of these activities.

Countown to race: ten days!

2 comments:

Kristi H. Hunt said...

Way to go Wendi!! 10 days! Can't wait. :))))

ErieContrary said...

Awesome, Wendi! I'm so inspired!! By the way, you would be LOVING the spring we are having in Minnesota....I've never even thought Minnesota had "spring," and we have been getting it full force this year! It's just beautiful! I'm wishing that it had been like this last year when I was trying to run a lot because this year, it's just not happening. :) We're working on the house constantly, though, so it's nice to have the windows open while we work....anyways, good luck on the upcoming race! How fun!