Sunday, April 04, 2010

Horrid

Horrid. That is how I feel right now.

JB left this morning for San Antonio. After dropping him off at the airport, I came back home. Jessie watched the boys during their naps while I went to do my triathlon training.

I decided to bike.

I have never taken Scrubs biking, but I thought I would try it.

He was amazing at it. He caught right on. I imagine it is from all the running he does next to a stroller.

We rode three miles out. Then we stopped at a trail in the woods, and I jogged while he ran off leash behind me. He'd stop to introduce himself to a bush and then catch up with me when he was ready. Then we rode the three miles back home.

When we walked in the door, I noticed he was limping. He laid down immediately, and I noticed both of his front paws were bloody! The poor dog tore open the pads on both his front feet.

I felt terrible. It was either too hot or we ran too fast or too long. If I had any idea, I would never have done that to him.

Ugh. Terrible. Feeling really cruddy right now. Scrubs didn't even get up when my wonderful friend Kara (bearing Easter dessert) came to the door his feet hurt him so bad.

I'm so sorry Bubby.

3 comments:

worshipperky@Hotmail.com said...

Awwww...he loves you anyway. He'll be okay, promise.

Amy T. S. said...

Too bad we have a sicko house or we could have extended an invite to JB for dinner. Except I'd be too embarrassed to cook for a gourmet chef! Sorry, Scrubby. (By the way, E calls Scooby snacks "Scrubby snacks." It's pretty cute.)

Allison and Jared said...

oh poor guy! even though he got hurt I bet he loved the run...he still loves you