Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sweetness on Saturday

Okay so that picture has nothing to do with this post, but I thought it was funny and decided to include it on today's blog.

Our weekend began yesterday at 6:30pm when JB finished work for the weekend. Since Monday is Veteran's Day, he will probably only need to go in for a few hours. So it should be a long and resful few days in the Kit. home.

Actually, last night, I made dinner. I mean I really made dinner. I have made a dinner before but this usually constitutes some combination of hot dogs, grilled cheese, cereal, or eggs. Last night I made a really real dinner. I tried one of Rachel Ray's recipe and what resulted was a really, fabulous meal. Really! John was quite flabbergasted. I made chicken meatball Parmesan subs with a side of fruit and brussel sprouts. It was very good! I am, seriously, still glowing from this amazing event.

Today has included a lot of laziness. We ran to the bank and went to the dog park for a few hours. Scrubs, as usual, got filthy, so a bath followed. Unfortunately this dog park is a lot of dirt after becoming such a popular place so we are going to have to limit Scrubs' visits. When we come in, everyone oohs and aahs over the pretty Dalmatian. By the time we leave, people are telling us what a pretty grey dog we have. There was a little girl there that was about three today. Apparently she just LOVES dogs. She was just running and hugging every dog she could. It was so cute.

We came home, ate some leftovers, and then JB chatted on instant messenger with Matt for awhile. Speaking of Matt, I have some new updates so CLICK HERE to read how Matt is doing. He's now taking a nap, and we plan to have dinner with some friends this evening. It is so wonderful to have my husband home.

I'm also getting very excited to see Hans and Rachel next weekend. I remember when they told me they were coming back earlier this summer. November seemed so far away. Now it's here. And now we get to have company two weekends in a row. Our B & B is booked solid folks!
All right. Off to wake my sleeping husband.

2 comments:

TAV said...

i wish i could visit with you guys next wknd!!!!

Rachel and Hans said...

Wish you could come, too, Tara! It would be a party!