Thursday, November 15, 2007

Urgent prayer request

PLEASE, right now, wherever you are, say a prayer for Sandi and Hannah. Sandi is the woman whose husband died while in China. Their adoption had been finalized but now the U.S. consulate is saying they will not let her have Hannah because the adoption was for a couple, and her husband is not there. They are saying she will have to send new paperwork through immigration (a 90 day wait ... minimum) and at that point, there are still no guarantees.

Apparently, infertility and adoption boards have been lighting up about this and calling senators and everyone else. They have now asked that the calls stopped. They are working on the situation and are aware of it, and they said they can get more done if they aren't hounded.

However, prayers do not need to stop. I cannot imagine Sandi's pain right now. However, after losing her husband, to lose her daughter would be almost unbearable. Those of you who know me, know how long our wait has been for a child. Imagine in 2010, finally going to China, something happening to JB, and then being told that the adoption can no longer proceed. I canNOT imagine it. And I will pray like crazy until I hear that Hannah is home with Sandi.

Please pray with me.

3 comments:

AW said...

I positively hate bureaucratic red tape like this...following the letter of the law in spite of it not being the Right thing to do.

Stupid consulate. Grrr!

Tara said...

This is so incredibly awful.
Praying for Sandi and Hannah.

Anonymous said...

Adding my prayers.

-an HP friend