Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday snaps

I started to try to put these photos in order, but it's going to take me forever. So instead, here they are in random order.

We had a WONDERFUL day. We had breakfast at home and then headed out on the boat. Because it is off-season, you can just rent the boat by the hour and don't have to reserve it for the whole day. In addition, they are HALF PRICE! It only cost us $30 to be on the boat for two hours which is fantastic.

We took a chance and took Scrubs with us on the boat, not sure how he would do. He LOVED it (as you can tell from the photos.)

After a quick stop back at home, we headed down to Destin. We had lunch at Beachwalk. We have only ever been there for a pharmaceutical dinner, but what a fantastic place to have lunch. The prices are much more reasonable mid-day, and we were able to sit outside.

We finished with a walk on the beach and a quick visit to Destin Commons. Then, last night, we played some sequence and watched Counte of Monte Christo. This is one of my favorite movies, and they had never seen it.

All right Tara. Quit complaining. Here are the photos from the day.























Oh, we also stopped at the Air Force museum which JB said he has been to many times, and I never knew EXISTED!!! John was like, "You know, the museum." And I kep telling him I had no idea what he was talking about. How could I not know there were like thirty planes like this one right next to our house? The one in this photo can go from D.C. to Los Angeles in just over one hour!

6 comments:

TAV said...

THANK YOU! You guys look great :) Did Hans actually put his hand on the dog? :)

yuan family said...

Thanks for the pics..it looks like you are having a great time!

Deanna said...

Good to see you and John. we have been to that museum years ago when Grace was in diapers. I had to find a corner somewhere to change a stinky one...joy.

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Hmm...here's my theory. I think the beach looks too nice to be real, and in the first photo of you and Rachel, I'm pretty sure that's actually the Bahamas, so I'm calling you out for blue screening/photo shopping yourselves onto beautiful backgrounds. Are you trying to make us wish we were there? :) Just kidding! It looks GORGEOUS there! Why are you in shorts? Don't you know it's winter? :) David and I are definitely coming to visit you guys in the winter. It's a warm 43 degrees here today, and I didn't wear a coat to work. How's that for tropical weather? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! Wendi, that picture of Scrubs? You need to get that dog on a diet, his butt is getting sooooo BIG!!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Okay now i have new favorite Wen and John pics!!! :)
xo Tante Jan
What richness of life God has given you in nature around you and people you love!