Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas time is here

Last night, we decorated our home for Christmas!

This may seem like a normal, yearly occurrence, but quite honestly, we don't do this very often. Because we spend every Christmas with the family in Fort Lauderdale we often don't decorate our house or even get a tree. I know, I know! The horror! But when you spend two weeks in Fort Lauderdale with family, you don't feel like returning to an empty house and having to put away all the Christmas stuff. Saying good bye to family is hard enough!

However, this year, we are only going to get to go home for four days. In fact, we will have to drive back on Christmas Day as JB has to work on the 26th. So . . . decorate we did.

If you remember, I said I wanted a small table top tree that was low maintenance and puppy-proof. JB wanted a big tree. Check out the trees below to see who won that argument. Okay, it wasn't an argument. JB was very willing to get a tree that I liked, but I insisted that my husband, who is always thinking of me first, speak up and say what he wanted. He loves big trees that are real and smell like Christmas. So I sacrificed for once! (That paragraph sounds sarcastic, but it isn't -- it's the truth.)

Last night we watched Shrek the Halls, The Grinch, and Elf while decorating. John is funny about decorating. The first year we were married, I decorated all by myself while he was gone. In my house, my dad wasn't that into decorating so I made the assumption JB wasn't either. He came home and was quite disappointed. So each year that followed (that we actually decorated) we did it together. However, John does the lights and then just wanders around not sure what to do next. I keep nagging, asking him if he is going to help me. He keeps trying but just wandering, not sure what to do. So last night I asked if he wanted to make a Christmas dessert. He immediately sprung into action and while working in the kitchen yelled out to me, "This is a much better use of my skill set!" It was too cute!! He made a great "healthy" dessert. Some warm fruit with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious!

All right already! Here's the photos.

Scrubs "helping" JB set up the tree. Actually, we were worried he'd be obsessed with the tree (since he likes to eat shrubbery, leaves, trees, etc.) But he could care less and has totally left the tree alone!

I always said I wouldn't treat my dog like a human, but I did put a stocking up for him. (It's second from the left with a little dalmatian in it.) We also have a tiny stocking for our little boy. Could this be our last Christmas with only two utilized stockings?!?!

JB and Scrubs posing in front of the finished tree with Scrubs trying to lick JB's face.


Both looking at me! Success!


A poor attempt at seeing our lights!

Scrubs' ball went under the baker's rack in the back of this picture. When he tried to get it, he stuck his head through the basket and ended up with this stuck around his neck. We laughed so hard. I love my dog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas stockings...especially the little one for MB (aka May Baby!)
Congratulations on all of your great news! Isn't it fun to see all the surprises God had waiting for you!!!
AnneMarie

Anonymous said...

I love your dog too!!!

TAV said...

so festive! i want to share your tree! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your tree!
We love live trees -and have one too.
Even in Indonesia -we found a mosque that grew Christmas trees for Christians and gave you a shovel to dig them out (not cut them down)...i love the smell and the memories of cutting them down. Except the time we told the kids all four of us would agree on a tree -after a long time and crabbiness setting in because Eddie could never seem to agree with any we did -we changed the rule to "3 out of 4 must agree" Eddie thought that was unfair! :)