Friday, October 12, 2007

What is cold

Cold is ... relative.

Yesterday, on our daily walk, our three little Scrubs-loving friends asked me why I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts. "Aren't you cold?" one of them asked. "It's fweeeeezing," whined another.

I looked down at them to see sweaters and jackets.

It was 64 degrees.

Today it was 54 degrees. (This was the low. It is steadily rising to 80 for the day.) I did wear blue jeans when I took Scrubs to the vet to get fixed, but I found myself quietly chuckling to myself as I watched out the car window. I saw a motorcyclist wearing a cover over his entire face and joggers with gloves and ear warmers.

Why wasn't I dressed similarly? Oh! Gasp! Have I become a Minnesotan?! The horror! I am laughing at these people just like we used to laugh at tourists who got in the ocean in November.

And I actually found myself thinking last week: I'm going to miss fall and snow.

What happened to Wendi the Floridian?!

7 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Come January 26th when we get dumped with 10 inches of snow, followed by another 8 inches, 4 days later, windchills of -38, etc, EVERYONE will wish they were "Wendi, the Floridian"! :-)

Gabbs said...

LOL, Rachel!!

Anonymous said...

i think the low were i am was in the lower 90's today.
it is actually cooling down nicely

TAV said...

i have to say, moving from mn has only made me WIMPIER! i would never make it in mn now, NEVER!!!

yuan family said...

Don't worry Wendi...you won't be missing it when it is FREEZING here in a couple of weeks. We can't run along the beach outside in the winter here!

Anonymous said...

People here are funny, too. Light jackets and pants is what they were wearing this morning. I had on shorts.

Anonymous said...

okay wen, does that mean you're coming back!!?! :)
with Uncle Ed gone "everything" is going wrong at once, including a dead car battery, a phone not working and now my furnace is NOT warming up the house after over 24 hours --so i'm with sweatshirt and quilts -does that make you miss MN? We barely have a fall this year so you picked a good one to miss -but you'd better come back at least for a visit for Fall next year k?!
xo Tante Jan